Has anyone else had trouble getting credit for a trade-in promo?
SONBRO43
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have so far spent 3 hours in three phone calls to Verizon to find out why I am not receiving credit for a phone trade-in I made in October. My husband and I each traded in our Samsung phones for new Note9 phones. My husband's phone has been receiving credits each month, but my phone hasn't.  First, Verizon tried to say they didn't receive my phone. I had proof that both phones were received in TX at the same time. Then they said they absolutely had the problem fixed--each time--after an hour of waiting during each of my calls (in Nov & Dec). My current bill still shows no credit for my phone. This is not right!

Labels (1)
Re: Has anyone else had trouble getting credit for a trade-in promo?
boringusername
Master - Level 1

Nope just did one about 2 weeks ago. Sent it in with the package and label they sent and within a few days after they received it I got the credit. Got half off a LG G7 plus another $300( $12.50 a month ) for my trade in( LG G4 )So now the G7 is only $3.13 per month.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

SONBRO43, we know how important it is to make sure that your credit is approved. How did you verify the return was delivered to the warehouse?

FranciscoP_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
DANCOH33

I have the same problem. My husband and I traded in phones for the $300 credit on both of us an Iphone 10xr. We also traded in another phone for credit. I traded in a Moto Z play for mine and I'm getting the statement credits. We traded in a Galaxy s7 for his and an Iphone 6+ for credit. They received the S7 but gave us a gift card if for it instead of an statement credit. They never sent any email that they received the Iphone and he's not getting a statement credit. I've not contacted Verizon because I wasn't sure what to do.

0 Likes
THOMPSSP72

My issue isn't really with a trade in but I just found out today that Verizon lied to me about their BOGO offer. All of sudden they are now telling me that I will not receive a $800 credit on one of the Samsung Note/S9+ phones we purchased because I didn't add a new phone line. They told me specifically that I did not need a new line back in Jan. Their tune has changed now. Nothing but a bunch of liars.

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

THOMPSSP72 wrote:

My issue isn't really with a trade in but I just found out today that Verizon lied to me about their BOGO offer. All of sudden they are now telling me that I will not receive a $800 credit on one of the Samsung Note/S9+ phones we purchased because I didn't add a new phone line. They told me specifically that I did not need a new line back in Jan. Their tune has changed now. Nothing but a bunch of liars.

I'm sorry but the terms on the website CLEARLY state you need to add a line. There has never been a BOGO deal where adding a line wasn't a requirement. I think you heard what you wanted to hear. Does getting a $800 for 100% FREE without conditions make any kind of sense to you? Seriously?

0 Likes