Re: HTC Sense vs. Moto Blur
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

It may not be the Blur that everyone loves to hate from the Backflip and Devour, but there is certainly a good number of blur references and files in the system dump of the Droid X.  They've definitely put Blur features on it like the custom launcher, resizeable widgets, etc.   Looks like it's more app based though which should make it easier for Motorola to get out updates. 

0 Likes
elmariachi
Enthusiast - Level 3

Ok. There is DEFINITELY a version of MotoBlur on the D X. From what I hear it's 'toned down' from the regular droid.

You have to also know that Sense and Blur are NOT SKINS. They are complete UI's that in some circumstances add functionality on top of the droid OS.

People are gushing over SenseUI because it is pretty darned slick. Even people with MotoBlur on the first Droid aren't all that upset.

Froyo is an upgrade to the android OS itself. Phones released now are running 2.1. Froyo is 2.2. It will add additional functionality and a bug fix or two (also, the update is being sent out as we speak).

The first impressions of Blur on the D X are pretty positive. Its less obtrusive and apparently let's you do a few things like resize widgets and the like.

At this point, you really can't complain about Motorola's high end phones. Yea, the backflip was a hilarious disaster if you're a fan of cell phones but its a hit for soccer moms. But Motorola made up for it with the Droid. It certainly isn't the best thing out there but with the rate that new Android phones are released, you're going to be one sorry charlie if you want to get the newest and greatest- because something better is going to be released in 6 months anyway.

You can't really play with the D X interface, but read around and even go to a store so you can compare how Sense and MotoBlur (on droid) can handle things. In the end, its all about personal preference.

0 Likes
rydiwags

They said that it does not have Blur of any kind but does have some of the featurs that I guess ppl did find useful!!! But no offical blur!!!

But your right is all about preference. My sister in law and her hubby have the droid. I disliked it at first and thought the incredible looked good. My nephew then got the incredible and after playing with both I do perfer a lot of the features on the Droid, minus the bulkiness!!!

The X appeals to me so I will give it a try!!! T- minus....... ugh just to many days to think about!! LOL

0 Likes
basspro
Contributor - Level 1

There is DEFINITELY no Motoblur on the X! Read my earlier link, it is from Motorola.

0 Likes
fezzik
Contributor - Level 3

elmariachi wrote:

Ok. There is DEFINITELY a version of MotoBlur on the D X. From what I hear it's 'toned down' from the regular droid.

You have to also know that Sense and Blur are NOT SKINS. They are complete UI's that in some circumstances add functionality on top of the droid OS.

People are gushing over SenseUI because it is pretty darned slick. Even people with MotoBlur on the first Droid aren't all that upset.

Froyo is an upgrade to the android OS itself. Phones released now are running 2.1. Froyo is 2.2. It will add additional functionality and a bug fix or two (also, the update is being sent out as we speak).

The first impressions of Blur on the D X are pretty positive. Its less obtrusive and apparently let's you do a few things like resize widgets and the like.

At this point, you really can't complain about Motorola's high end phones. Yea, the backflip was a hilarious disaster if you're a fan of cell phones but its a hit for soccer moms. But Motorola made up for it with the Droid. It certainly isn't the best thing out there but with the rate that new Android phones are released, you're going to be one sorry charlie if you want to get the newest and greatest- because something better is going to be released in 6 months anyway.

You can't really play with the D X interface, but read around and even go to a store so you can compare how Sense and MotoBlur (on droid) can handle things. In the end, its all about personal preference.

The Droid doesn't have Blur.  The Droid had the same OS as the Nexus 1 both used completely Stock Android User Interfaces no added anything except for drivers and what not.  The Devour, the backflip, and whatever the first one was they had with it had Blur and everyone hated it.  On the Droid Incredible Sense UI isn't just placed on top of Android it replaces completely the stock Android UI.  On previous phones with Sense you could turn off Sense with a home screen switcher.  You can't with the new Sense. 

0 Likes
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

You can turn off Sense on the Evo by going into Manage Applications and resetting the defaults on Sense.  Then you have the option to choose stock android. Not sure why they don't allow it on the Incredible

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

I have s question that may be a simple question for regular android users, I am considering jumping into the Droid x but i was wondering if the difference in resolutions of screen on Droid X compared to other Android devices limit to find ompatible software for device?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

UPDATE:  Just realized resolution is the same as te original Droid so there shouldnt be and issues finding software,,,,

0 Likes