HTC Rhyme Alarm and Docking Station
michellephq13
Enthusiast - Level 1

So, I first got the rhyme 2 weeks ago, and they have just sent me a replacement because of some software issues that they were unable to resolve. Well, I just got my new phone today... and it seems that the same problems are here. 

My biggest issue is that I cannot by any means get my alarm to play through my dock speakers. I make sure that the bluetooth says it is connected and everything, but it still plays out of the back of the phone no matter what. I have contact htc directly and they said that it was supposed to work. I called verizon and like stated before, they just sent me a new phone. But I just tested it out, and it's still not working right. Am I missing something here? Or is it just not supposed to do it and I have been mislead? Help??? 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC Rhyme Alarm and Docking Station
volleysteph15

I've had my phone for 2 weeks also and use it as an alarm too.  To me, it doesn't sound like the alarm is coming through the speakers (even though I have the alarm on the loudest setting) until I pick it up and can here the sound coming from both the phone and the speakers.  

Here are some things you might want to try.  You can do this while in docking mode or not.  If not, just make sure you have bluetooth turned on.  Go to Settings, Wireless & networks, Bluetooth settings, then under Bluetooth devices press and hold the name of the docking station.  A popup screen appears that says Disconnect, Disconnect & unpair, Options.  (If you're not in docking mode, it'll say Connect, Unpair, Options.)  Click on Options and make sure that Media is checked.  You don't have to have Phone checked.  That's for answering calls.  Another thing is to make sure you have the volume for the alarm all the way up.  If you have your phone in silent, make sure that the alarm will still ring; which can be found in the alarm settings.  If that's still not successful, unpair and then connect it back up again.  I don't know if any of that will help, but it's worth a try.

0 Likes
tlw923
Enthusiast - Level 2

You seem to know some things about this Docking station so maybe you can help me.  I have had my phone for about a week and accidentally switched my phone from docking mode and can't seem to figure out how to get it back.  What do I do?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I was able to get the user manual for the Rhyme. Go to page 48 for the dock station sections.
http://bit.ly/QCQ8Is Have you performed those steps to get it back into car dock mode?

Tamara H.
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tlw923
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes thanks...I'm doing fine now. I appreciate the follow up.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Smartphone

0 Likes
Sarnmikeymiff

I have the same problem. My alarm has never played through the speakers only out of the back of the phone, but it does play music and rings for phone calls through them.( but not text messages...Is it supposed to??..anyone else dealing with this little side note) I was under the impression that when you put it in the dock and it goes into dock mode with the alarm clack on display, that the alarm should play through the speakers like it does when listening to something on you tube or receiving a phone call. It just makes sense that it should work that way but mine doesn't seem to want to. I have been online and have read others complaining of the same thing and have had no results. I've taken their advice into account and tried what they suggested with no avail. I finally called verizon and the girl I spoke to on the phone all though she couldn't help me, she was trying her hardest to find results and help me come to a conclusion. She said she couldn't really give me any helpful information seeings the issue isn't really with the phone itself it's more involving the dock which is an accessory and it has more to do with htc than verizon. So she made a 3 way call to HTC and they didn't have any answers either. The guy from htc didn't have a dock in front of him so he really couldn't get into the dock mode and all the details, his only advice was to go into the andriod market and download another alarm to see if that works.I downloaded it ( even though i thought it was kind of ridiculous that i even had to)  the new alarm from the app didn't even show up in dock mode. needless to say i just uninstalled that app. I am Beyond frustrated.The tech support agent from verizon that I spoke to is going above and beyond any tech support I've ever dealt . She is going to do research by talking to her friends that have the same phone to find out if theirs has had any similar issues. If i find out anything new that hasn't already been posted I'll update. Someone needs to find some answers!.....

P.s.   HTC should make a manual just for the dock!!!

0 Likes