| HTC Rezound | - connect to PC help, sync with university email + music
topher_hoffman_chris
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hello all and welcome me,

This is my first post here, hopefully not my last, however I came here with a problem that I would most utterly love to solve. For Christmas I got a new phone, the HTC rezound which I choose over the iphone 4s.  Now I finally got myself back to my apartment where my Windows desktop computer is and installed HTC sync.  probably 10 minutes ago I connected it for the first time to my computer, I decided to go with window's Auto Run default to install the drivers, instead of the view files options.  I got an option to install newer software, 'would you like to update your phone to newer software so you can connect it to your computer.'  Now this sounded good it installed it then now on the window with no x in the corner (aka no option to close the window) which has the Verizion and HTC logo, it reads word for word

"Please turn on Internet Connection Mode from the devices setting and wait, it may take few seconds.

Setting -> Wireless & networks -> Internet Connection Mode"

with a [ Yes ] button that i am currently unable to click until i have done so.

When I go and do this options its giving me some [Cow manure] about having to pay for a tethering options for $20 a month (and yes there is a gramatical error on this window "it may take few seconds" is the word for word). This is where I am and I am too afraid to disconnect my phone in fear of messing up something.  And HTC Sync program still reads "no device connected"

My Goal, is to put a couple of albums i have on the phone as well as play around with Syncing my university email account which uses a microsoft outlook server. Now I am going to help a friend move a new tv into his apartment and I will check back in say 30-40 minutes.  Maybe this is a simple problem that has a solution right under my nose but I have no clue, so any input/suggestions/experience would be much appreciated.

Thank you,

Chris

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: | HTC Rezound | - connect to PC help, sync with university email + music
topher_hoffman_chris
Enthusiast - Level 1

Update, I think I solved it, however I did unplug it and had to close some processes and such. However there is still a grammatical error which deeply disappoints me.... just kidding