HTC Rezound Headphone Jack Issues
motoryder636
Enthusiast - Level 2

I purchased the HTC Rezound a few weeks ago and have loved the phone since day one.  One issue though that I have noticed is when plugging any device into the headphone jack there is a lot of static and interference that develops.  Once the music starts playing it is not an issue but when unplugging the headphones or speakers you hear a lot of noise.  I saw on other forums that some people are having this issue and that HTC is aware of the problem and says it is not widespread but that they will warranty the device.  Anyone else having this problem?  I am going to return the device to the Verizon store tonight and get another and see if that helps.

Labels (1)
Re: HTC Rezound Headphone Jack Issues
motoryder636
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke with Customer Service and Verizon and HTC are aware of the issue but do not have a fix or direction for how to handle this yet.  They said I should wait and see if they roll out an update and that she notated my account.  Forget that, I am taking this back tonight and I am going to get a new one.  If I had paid 50 bucks that's one thing but 300 is another not too mention it's only been 14 days today.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

to get a brand new replacement there is a $30 restocking fee. they will offer you a certified like new device for no charge though. 

0 Likes
motoryder636
Enthusiast - Level 2

So charge me $30 to return a faulty device and give me a recertified one that I just spent 300 on?  I will return it then, pay the $30, cancel my contract which will be expired once the upgrade is reversed and buy one from Amazon for next to nothing.

0 Likes
AZSALUKI
Legend

yeah....you only get 3 days to return it wothout a fee. 14 days to return it with a fee. then after that, they honor the warranty with "certified like new, or preowned" devices. i've actually bought certifieds before (because they are cheaper) and the ones i've recieved, there was no way to tell that they weren't brand new. 

0 Likes
brian3

i got the same issue when i'm using my beats dj professional headphones.

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

I just wanted to correct some things regarding our return/exchange policy.

Verizon Wireless Return/Exchange Policy

In the event that you have purchased a device that has a manufacturer defect, then it is a little different. We will will replace it for a brand new device if it is done within the first 14 days. Anything beyond the first 14 days will be replaced with a Certified Like New Replacement.

Device Replacement Policy

**Please note the sections that read "a like unit or one of comparable quality" means you may only get a different model if & when we don't have your original model in stock**

I hope this clears up any confusion about the return/exchange and replacement policy.

0 Likes
motoryder636
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to return the phone Friday but the store did not have anymore in stock.  They ordered me one which should be here today and I can swap them out.  I will provide an update once I get the new one.

0 Likes
YohDaveLee

"Purchases made between November 15 and December 28, 2011 may be returned or exchanged through January 15, 2012."

Would it be possible to wait till the Galaxy Nexus comes out and get my Rezound exchanged for that?

0 Likes
linbmcd

I e-mailed HTC about this problem and their initial response was a laundry list of uninstalling apps and resetting the device.  I politely declined.  I returned my phone to Best Buy for a replacement which had the same issue.  I emailed HTC again and referred to another Android forum post which indicated HTC was not only aware of the problem, but expected it to be addressed in a future update (date unknown).  HTC responded and confirmed this.  So now it's either a waiting game for the update, or a quick decision to move on to another phone......

0 Likes