HTC One - issues since upgrade
bloojax

Anyone else experiencing the following:

- phone says it's "slow-charging" despite using the charger that came with the phone from the factory?

- not having a computer recognize the phone as a drive or external device when you connect the two via USB (even though it did it just fine two weeks ago)?

Small issues to be sure, but frustrating. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC One - issues since upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bloojax

I completely understand how important it is to have your device up and running at 100% for you! Let's take a look at what's going on.

The slow charging message may have to do with how much of a charge your battery has remaining when you plug it in! If your device has a charge greater than 50% when you plug it in, it may charge slower than if it was less than 50%. You can also improve your charging experience by keeping the screen off while charging, ending any unused running applications, ensuring GPS or Navigation are not active, or by turning off the phone when charging.

With the connection to your computer, is your device in Disk Drive mode? You can check when you connect your phone to the computer. Hold the status bar and then drag to the bottom. From this screen, you can select "Disk Drive" and then "Done".

RuthW_VZW
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bloojax

Ruth - thanks for the update. Unfortunately, neither of those options are working.

It started this past Thursday. My phone was down to about 14% when I first got the slow-charge notification, and I was using the original charger with it to refresh the battery. I've never had that notification come up before. And it comes up whether or not I use the original charger.

Regarding the "Disk Drive" option you mentioned, I don't get that option at all. If I drag down the status bar at the top of the page, I get the same things I normally do -- missed calls, app notifications, those kinds of things. I'm getting two new messages in there -- one about the slow charging, and the other that says something about HTC Sync Manager. I'm not sure what that message is supposed to say, because when I tap it, nothing happens (and the comment its trying to tell me runs off the edge of the screen, so I can't see the end of it). If I touch and hold it, i get the option of "app info" but it just takes me to the app setting screen which does me no good. It used to be that I plugged my USB cable into the phone and into the computer, and Windows Explorer located my phone; all I want is for it to do that again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bloojax we'll pinpoint the issue and get the device working! Has there been any changes to the device since these issues started? Next please connect the device to the computer first then try to select and hold the status bar (located at the top) then drag to the bottom. There should be an option that says Disk drive, please select Done. Keep us posted!

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bloojax

Ashley - again, there is no option about disk drive when I do what you describe. All that happens is that my app usage appears, along with the notifications about slow-charging and HTC Sync Manager. What other options are there? Can I get a new device if this one fails to work properly?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

bloojax, thanks for keeping us posted. We recommend that you connect that device to a wall charger. Please be advised that connecting that device to a PC or laptop will slow down the charging process.

Have you downloaded 3rd party applications to your device or battery saving applications? If so, those applications may be conflicting with the recent software update. We recommend that you uninstall any unwanted applications and power it off/on to soft reset. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes