HTC One is making a faint "chirping" sound and won't stop. Please help.
Erik2013

And did I mention that I just got this phone today after exchanging it for the one I got last week that had the same problem.  The people at the Verizon store heard the chirping and had no clue.  So, they just gave me a new phone.  Now this new one is doing the same thing and it doesn't stop...even when turned off.  I've uninstalled or disabled all the apps I could.  I've even turned off the quick boot function after reading a similar problem was happening with the HTC DNAs.  Any ideas out there?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
HTC One is making a faint "chirping" sound and won't stop.  Please help.
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

There are a couple threads about this already (in addition to the couple about the DNA) and, so far, nobody seems to have found a solution yet.

0 Likes
Re: HTC One is making a faint "chirping" sound and won't stop. Please help.
Klue
Master - Level 1

Exchange it for a new one again, this time make sure it does not chirp while at the store, even if you have t stay there for a couple of hours. Do not load any aps on the phone for a few days, to see if the chirping might be app related.

0 Likes
random64
Contributor - Level 2

Erik, this is bizarre.  Do you mean that when the phone is powered off it still chirps?  Also, I've heard about the "faint ringing" before, but this the first time I heard it characterized as a chirp, which is nicely descriptive and more likely to lead to a root cause (there's not too many things that could create a chirping sound except for a power supply issue.  A chirp is a sound (like a bird) where frequency changes (from low to high or high to low) over the duration of the sound.  Is it really a chirp or more of a buzz (frequency doesn't change)?

0 Likes
Not applicable

Simple, the device even if off can pick up signal noise from any other device or items. Stereo speakers have in the past gave off a whirl sound from radio stations, police and cb radios, high frequency pick up is not unheard of. There are cases where radio receivers have picked up cross talk while off.

With computers broadcasting on the 2.4 and 5.0 frequency many times microvave ovens, other electrical items can cause the sound the original poster complains about. (Chirping) Cell phones are just radio transmitting and receiving devices.

You don't need a 500 foot antenna to pick up sounds. Even if the phone is off it has an internal antenna.

interference is quite possible, and frankly there are not many people posting about radio chirping to believe its nothing but interference .

0 Likes