HTC One does not recognize SIM Card in Canada
jbenjamin

I am in Canada for a few months and want to use my HTC One on a local carrier. Upon inserting the sim card the a message popped up "Non Verizon Sim" and there is no network on the phone. The carrier's tech support made some settings changes ( APN) and informed me that the phone is locked. Verizon Tech support says that phone is Global Unlocked and should work after the settings are updated. Has anyone else experienced this problem? How can I get the phone working?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC One does not recognize SIM Card in Canada
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@jbenjamin,

Never fear help is here! Being able to use your phone while traveling is definitely important!

The HTC One is a 4G device and all our 4G device are unlocked to use with local carriers in other countries. You need to reach out to the local carrier for assistance in activating the phone with the local carrier. We are unable to troubleshoot the phone using another carrier's SIM card.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: HTC One does not recognize SIM Card in Canada
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@jbenjamin,

Never fear help is here! Being able to use your phone while traveling is definitely important!

The HTC One is a 4G device and all our 4G device are unlocked to use with local carriers in other countries. You need to reach out to the local carrier for assistance in activating the phone with the local carrier. We are unable to troubleshoot the phone using another carrier's SIM card.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes