HTC One M8 keeps going into Dock Mode
MD1984

My HTC One M8 keeps going into Dock Mode randomly, while it is sitting on my desk and when I am using it. It then defaults to speaker anytime I answer or make a phone call.

This handset is brand new and straight out of the box yesterday as it was a warranty replacement for a previous handset which had become unresponsive in various area's of the screen.

There are a few other threads on this issue and I have tried various fixes that they offered to no avail.

What are my options now? This is now the second HTC One M8 from Verizen and both have had issues.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC One M8 keeps going into Dock Mode
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I understand how frustrating it can be when you experience difficulties with your device MD1984. Let's get to the bottom of your equipment concers. Did you install or make any changes to the device when the phone started going into Dock Mode? Are you using the orignal manufacture charger/power adapter when charging your phone? Is there any physical damage or corrosion in the chargning port?

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
ajgaudy

This issue began happening to my M8 over the last few days as well. I didn't install any new apps and my last software update was months ago, It just started to go to doc mode at random, and when I would close doc mode, the icon would remain in the alert bar. The fix below was posted on a previous forum, but it did not seem to fix my issue.

Go into the App Manager, not the app drawer.  Settings>App Manager>it will open to "Downloaded" apps.  Change downloaded to "All" by swiping left.  Find the app "Dock".  Click "Disable"..  Then reboot.  From then on you don't need to worry about it doing that any more.

Sadly, what did seem to fix my issue (at least for the time being) was to do a factory reset.

Back up all your photos and contacts, then go to Settings >> Backup & Reset.  Then push the button and prepare to spend a couple of hours having your apps download and getting your screens back to where you like them.

The menus and screens are slightly different than how my M8 was previously with the reset, so I suspect HTC has depreciated some code in their sense build which could be why this is starting to appear for users.

0 Likes
PhillyBradd

I disabled dock mode as well as uninstalled updates for the Car app (which I think is the root cause since phone calls launch into speakerphone as well). It's patching the problem for the minute even though I keep getting dock mode alerts that are annoying. Keep an eye out for a Car mode update in the app store which will probably be the fix.

0 Likes
PhillyBradd

HTC Car app just had an update. I installed it and enabled dock mode. So far so good!

0 Likes