HTC M8 sending duplicate texts
laurakateRN

I just upgraded from an iphone 5 to an HTC M8.... People are now complaining that I am sending them duplicate texts, 2- sometimes 3 texts, 5-8 mins after receiving the original.  I had downloaded Go SMS app but thought that was the problem so I uninstalled it and went back to using the stock messaging app but its still doing it....  Need help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC M8 sending duplicate texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your reply, laurakateRN! I recommend putting the device into Safe Mode and then trying to message any contact that you suspect may be impacted by this issue. The instructions for Safe Mode are here: http://vz.to/1vvM3IM

Once you've used it under Safe Mode, you can remove it from the mode and let me know how it goes!

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What a terrible thing to happen, laurakateRN! Very sorry to see that your contacts have been getting duplicate texts. We can help, but need a bit more info: Does this happen with the same contacts each time? Do you find that the duplicates are sent on all texts, or some? Are you always in the same location when you send the? I see that you have uninstalled Go SMS. Did this happen before you loaded it?

DionM_VZW

0 Likes
laurakateRN

Yes there's just a handfull of contacts (maybe 4-5) that have said something.  It didn't do this prior to installing gosms.  Not sent on all the texts but most.  I have been in several different places when it happens, nowhere close to each other.....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for your reply, laurakateRN! I recommend putting the device into Safe Mode and then trying to message any contact that you suspect may be impacted by this issue. The instructions for Safe Mode are here: http://vz.to/1vvM3IM

Once you've used it under Safe Mode, you can remove it from the mode and let me know how it goes!

DionM_VZW

0 Likes