HTC Incredible - Won't stop rebooting
amynyc

My HTC Incredible has been cycling on and off, continuously, for the past 3 hours. I brought it into the store last week and they said the only way to fix it was a hard reset, and that this happens often when you download applications. I didn't want to lose all my photos (haven't figured out how to sync the phone with my Mac), so didn't do the hard reset there.

Now I can't even make a phone call to get support.

A few questions:

1. Are there other solutions people have found to get the phone to stop rebooting? I've been taking the battery out but that doesn't seem to help.

2. Is this the case with all PC phones -- where like PCs, they get viruses all the time -- so should I bite the bullet and buy an iPhone before my contract is up?

Thanks so much for any help you can give!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC Incredible - Won't stop rebooting
AyaniB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi amynyc,

I completely understand your frustration.  I  agree with the store rep and would suggest a Master Reset:

1. Touch Settings 
  2. Touch SD & phone storage
  3. Touch Factory data reset
  4. Tap Reset phone or Reset phone & internal storage
  5. Tap Erase everything

However, as long as your pictures are stored to your SD card vs. the internal memory of the device, they will not be erased after completing a Master Reset.  Additionally, if you would like to store you pictures to your PC, you will need a Card Reader. I am hopeful this information will resolve your issue.  Please advise if require further assistance.  

Thank you for you contribution to our community forums,

0 Likes
Bodis624

Do not hard reset. My phones been doing the same thing for a month now. I finally tried the reset today and it fixes nothing so you wont just have to keep figuring out the problem youd also have to set up your phone all over again.

Im thinking it has to do with the battery.

0 Likes
mandelaspider

Still nothing about the rebooting issue on the droid incredible.  The hard reset does not work.  Where is the support reply to this issue?  It is not just a random issue and is not signal related.  Warranty or not people are paying Verizon a monthly bill for a service that is failing. Imagine if it was a car randomly driving and running over people.  Can you say recall, at no cost to the customers who have already spent hundreds with the company.  Stop with the hard reset **bleep**, either issue a fix via internet or if it is a hardware issue which I believe it is, get your heads out of the ground and recall the phones.  Or maybe you'll wait till a phone has over heated from the rebooting and explodes in the face of one of your customers.  Smart phone doesn't mean smart company.

0 Likes