HTC Hero (Eris ancestor) getting Android 2.1 in mid March
truelove79
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well, it's official.  HTC has announced that the HTC Hero is getting 2.1 in mid March.  As most of you know, the Eris is the grandchild of the Hero, so the Eris should hopefully be getting 2.1 around that time as well.

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/09/htc-hero-update-to-android-2-1-pegged-for-mid-march/?utm_source=f...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC Hero (Eris ancestor) getting Android 2.1 in mid March
thetornado
Enthusiast - Level 3

just speculation but I was thinking the saaaaaaaaame thing.

0 Likes
truelove79
Enthusiast - Level 3

The Hero getting 2.1 is NOT speculation, that's official now.  Speculation is when the Eris will get it.  I wouldn't think it would be much after the Hero.  Verizon did say Q1 of 2010 did they not?

That being said I hope HTC revamps Sense as stock 2.1 is much prettier than Sense now.  But I'm sure they won't.

0 Likes
DigitalMD

exactly wht is the :stock" 2.1 GUI?

Is it what's on the N1?  The Moto Droid is getting 2.1 without the eyecandy. So maybe the stock 2.1 is not so flashy.

re: the OTA updaate for Moto-Droid

"while many of the Android 2.1 updates were present (multitouch enabled browser, news widget, and weather widget), some of the eye candy was lost. The presence or absence of the new Gallery was not mentioned, but notably missing from the update were the 3D icon grid which replaced the existing “drawer” interface and the active wallpapers."

0 Likes
truelove79
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well then I guess that answers that.  Perhaps stock 2.1 isn't going to be so great after all.  I guess I just assumed the Nexus was running stock 2.1, but it sounds like that isn't the case.

Perhaps stock 2.1 is going to look basically the same as stock 2.0 which is rather ugly.  Too bad I can't use Sense widgets in other home apps.  If I could, I would run GDE, it's beautiful.

0 Likes
DigitalMD

Appears MOTO might have jumped the gun on that 2.1 update.  They have now removed the release notes and retracted the comments in their DROID forum.

0 Likes