HTC/Google - Nexus One Question:
Mochi

I apologize in advance if this has already been asked. I didn't see it, and I'm very curious if anyone has information on this.

I have been waiting for the Nexus One (I know, I know...a lot of us have) to hit Verizon. I read somewhere (no confirmed information from Verizon or Google themselves) that the devices were scheduled to be shipped. However, Apple has filed suit against HTC for 20 aledged patent infringements. In the suit they asked that all imports of HTC phones be halted. According to Ozcarguide a temporary ban of imports to the U.S. has been approved, however; this doesn't stop the selling of phones which are already here.

Since Google partnered with HTC to manufacture the Nexus One, does anyone know if this will...

1. Effect the import of the Nexus One and

2. If it will, has anyone found confirmation that the Nexus One has been shipped prior to the ban?

The above link doesn't call out Nexus One specifically. It's being marketed as the first Google phone, but HTC partnered with them to manufacture it. So I am wondering if anyone has any information I might have missed?

I will wait for the Nexus One if it is defintely coming this spring. But if it isn't, I so desperately need a new phone and will need to make a decision on the HTC Eris or Moto Droid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! I'm feeling the pressure to break down and buy a new phone, but I know I will really regret it if N1 comes out 45 days after I buy it. 😃

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC/Google - Nexus One Question:
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

Mochi wrote:

I apologize in advance if this has already been asked. I didn't see it, and I'm very curious if anyone has information on this.

I have been waiting for the Nexus One (I know, I know...a lot of us have) to hit Verizon. I read somewhere (no confirmed information from Verizon or Google themselves) that the devices were scheduled to be shipped. However, Apple has filed suit against HTC for 20 aledged patent infringements. In the suit they asked that all imports of HTC phones be halted. According to Ozcarguide a temporary ban of imports to the U.S. has been approved, however; this doesn't stop the selling of phones which are already here.

Since Google partnered with HTC to manufacture the Nexus One, does anyone know if this will...

1. Effect the import of the Nexus One and

2. If it will, has anyone found confirmation that the Nexus One has been shipped prior to the ban?

The above link doesn't call out Nexus One specifically. It's being marketed as the first Google phone, but HTC partnered with them to manufacture it. So I am wondering if anyone has any information I might have missed?

I will wait for the Nexus One if it is defintely coming this spring. But if it isn't, I so desperately need a new phone and will need to make a decision on the HTC Eris or Moto Droid.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!! I'm feeling the pressure to break down and buy a new phone, but I know I will really regret it if N1 comes out 45 days after I buy it. 😃

~ Mocheeto - Dangerously Cheesy!

last i saw was that the nexus was scheduled to released in Q2. which could mean summertime but anyways, its still three months. if the nexus is what you want, then wait as long as you can.

0 Likes
Mochi

willanaya wrote:

last i saw was that the nexus was scheduled to released in Q2. which could mean summertime but anyways, its still three months. if the nexus is what you want, then wait as long as you can.

Thanks Willanaya. Do you know where you found that it was scheduled to be released in then 2nd Quarter. The only thing I can find that's confirmed is from the google website, which still says "Spring 2010".

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3
thats what i am referring to as well. since google distributes the phone they are the only ones that will know first
0 Likes
sranger

willanaya wrote:
thats what i am referring to as well. since google distributes the phone they are the only ones that will know first

You really should quit spreading this rumor...  

Ozcarguide is NOT a valid news source.  It is a traffic click generator....

An injunction cannot be granted until a company is proven to be guilty....  This process can take up to 18 months.  HTC has not yet even filed their reply to the Apple law suit.   Just because Apply filed a complaint does not mean the HTC is guilty and they are allowed to defend themselves...

Here is a more credible link

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6310SS20100402?type=technologyNews

0 Likes
sranger

Here is an article from a more credable news source...

As you can see, all the ITC has agreed to is to look into the case....

0 Likes
Mochi

Not trying to spread any rumors, nor do I assume anyone is guilty of anything.

0 Likes
sranger

Sorry Mochi,

It is just that that news source is quite questionable....  They are spreading a lot of bad info on the web...

0 Likes
Mochi

sranger wrote:

Sorry Mochi,

It is just that that news source is quite questionable....  They are spreading a lot of bad info on the web...

No problem. I understand the frustrations, as I try to sift through all the crap as well. That's why I come here to talk about it. 😃

....And thank you for the additional (more credible) news source.

0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

sranger wrote:

willanaya wrote:

You really should quit spreading this rumor...  

Ozcarguide is NOT a valid news source.  It is a traffic click generator....

An injunction cannot be granted until a company is proven to be guilty....  This process can take up to 18 months.  HTC has not yet even filed their reply to the Apple law suit.   Just because Apply filed a complaint does not mean the HTC is guilty and they are allowed to defend themselves...

Here is a more credible link

what rumor are you talking about. i was simply stating that the nexus one was due out in Q2 and nothing to do with the injuction.  how did you come up with that in the one sentence i wrote?  please read the sentence again please.

0 Likes