HTC Eris - Estimates of Expected Battery Life and is an iPhone in very near future....
BG

I've down some extensive tests of battery life over past few days and here are my observations :

I've kept a detailed log of Uptime/AwakeTime/Awake%/BatteryLevel - the conclusion - the best I've been able to manage is about 3.5-4.0 hrs of total awake time (ie., actually using the phone as well as any apps running while phone is asleep) with a Awake% of roughly 25-40%.  That eqautes to about 10-12/13 hrs of total battery life.  Not surprising results considering that the speced battery life for talk time is 214 mins (3 hrs 34 mins)

I haven't tried playing music for an extensive period of time.  I'd be curious to know if anyone has and what the battery drain was? 

I bought this as a possible iPhone "replacement" since I did not want to switch to AT&T.  I know someone that has an iPhone and he says he rearely if ever has connection issues, dropped calls and he gets at least 5-7 hrs (compared to the 3.5 hrs on this Eris, though I wouldn't call my usage "heavy" at only about 30%) of heavy use out of it over a typical 18 hr or so period between charges.

Thoughts, commments?

Coming down to decision time and either going to stick with the Eris and its shortcomings or bite the bullet and switch to AT&T iPhone

Labels (1)
0 Likes