HTC Eris Bootup Freeze
Dom6663

Hi so recently my HTC Eris has been freezing on bootup. Lastnight it ran out of battery so i plugged it into the charger and left it, I comeback and as soon as remove it from the charger the phone shut off. I figure its just a little buggy so i turn it back on and it doesnt go past the little android guys on the skateboards. I waited about 10 minutes and it still didnt boot up. So I did a data reset with vol down send and end buttons and nothing. I tried a recovery boot with send and end buttons and nothing. There is no water damage to the phone. The indicators have a little water showing but its very apparent that its just a very tiny drop of water (only the corner of the indicator is pink/red) and the battery has no water damage indication either.

So what should i do next to fix my phone. Or if necesary who should i send my phone back to and will it be covered by HTC warranty (if one exists?)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC Eris Bootup Freeze
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Yikes!
I guess I would try CS or HTC for a warranty if you have had it less than a year especially if you never dropped it in water.

When you unplugged it did the LED indicate that the battery was fully charged?

Was it acting funny before this?

BTW Where are the water damage indicators?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Dom6663

This is my origional one also, i got it in Nov 2009 as well. The indicator is beneath the back cover right above the miniusb port.

I did try a hardboot and recieved the Triangle with exclamation point icon. The phone was not full either it was 75%, I never try to overcharge batteries because they dont last as long.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
I guess I never noticed it before.

As for doing a hardboot or working through the recovery menu, I am not familiar with the steps. If you haven't looked yet you can search the forums at www.androidcentral.com or xda developers. They should have more detailed steps of what to do next.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
As for the battery charging I let mine sit until I get the green light and sometimes will leave it plugged in. I am still getting on a light day use 22 hours unplugged before I get 30% or so battery. A medium day is closer to 16 hours.

0 Likes