HTC Eris Android 2.1 OTA
Justiceisjaded

I have been doing a lot of reading lately about the 2.1 update which sounds great. When I bought my Eris(about 2 months ago) I wouldn't have dreamed there would be an update, but it will be cool to have the new update. My concern is that because I have recently moved,unfortunately to a place where I can't get very good cell signal. On a good day I can 1-2 bars, and it doesn't show the 3G icon  next to the signal meter. With the OTA update I am worried that because I don't have very good cell signal I wont be able to download the update. Because of this I am wondering if I should install the update manually. Would appreciate any advice, thoughts.Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC Eris Android 2.1 OTA
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
If you have wi-fi available that will work too, probably faster.
0 Likes
Justiceisjaded

Yes, I have a good wifi signal. That was my back up solution. Using the wifi to d/l the 2.1 update manually. I have the file on my computer already but I havent put it on the Eris yet. I just want to be sure that the file I have and the OTA are the same. I dont want a leak or anything like that. I just want to be able to get the 2.1 update without bricking my phone.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
From my understanding, when you get the notification, you can kick on your wi-fi and it will d/l the same, just over your wi-fi connection instead of 3G.
0 Likes
Justiceisjaded

GREAT! I'll sit tight until I get my notification and i'll go thru wifi. thanks!

0 Likes