HTC Eris - A few questions...
BG

A few Eris questions -

1. How do you cut and paste in the Eris?

2. My gmails are showing URL links in HTML but if a gmail has a .JPG file included for instance, all I see on the Eris is "cartoon.jpg" - no graphics - how can I correct this?  If I long into Gmail on my PC I can see the .JPG in the same email.

Thanks in advance for prompt reply(s) Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HTC Eris - A few questions...
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

The "Mail" application supports inbedded images, but the Gmail app doesn't.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

1. How do you cut and paste in the Eris?

Long press on the screen and you'll see something obvious like copy, cut, paste, etc... In the browser, you'll see a mouse cursor and you can use the track ball to move the mouse... press once to start the drag... twice to end drag.... or something in that nature.

You'll see something similar in other screens too... anyhow.. long press is the answer to get you started.

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

2. My gmails are showing URL links in HTML but if a gmail has a .JPG file included for instance, all I see on the Eris is "cartoon.jpg" - no graphics - how can I correct this?  If I long into Gmail on my PC I can see the .JPG in the same email.

Weird... I sent myself an image from my office Outlook as an attachment. On my Eris, I opened the "Mail (not gmail)" application and I had to manaully select the picture for download (which make sense). I could then tap the image button and view the image.

In my "Gmail" application, I'm offered either "Preview" or "Download" and the image/jpg is a paperclip icon.

Dunno on that one!

0 Likes
BG

Long Press - what I am trying to do is cut-paste in either text and email - the long press doesn't work.  Or even in some widgets that are "browser" based - eg, try the USA today, select a top news story and open it and try and cut and paste - I couldn't get it to work. 

0 Likes
BG

interesting - I just sent the same message and if I include the .jpg as an attachment INSTEAD of embedded in the gmail, I can view it at the bottom of the gmail - if embedded, can't

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

I tried the copy option from a few places and it's a hit or miss. The "mail" applcation allows my to long press and "copy", yet the "gmail" application doesn't. It does work fine if your in a text entry text box like the URL box.

Application themselves prob need to have handles in place to copy text directly, but native "text entry" boxes should have the standard Copy/cut/paste options.

The USA today application apparently doesn't use a selectable output screen for that app. Maybe on purpose?? It's probably not a WebKit application either.

0 Likes
kenyu73
Contributor - Level 3

The "Mail" application supports inbedded images, but the Gmail app doesn't.

0 Likes
mckid814

YES!!! Why can't I view html graphics when they are sent in the body of the email? I read all these posts, BUT it doesn't seem that the question was answered. I'm NOT using gmail. Just regular Mac and AOL mail. Attachments are easily downloaded, BUT NO html graphics. SUCKS

0 Likes