HTC Droid Wi-Fi/Browser Problem at Work
delpstev
When I connect to the Wi-Fi at work, my browser won't connect and says, "Web page not available". I talked with the IT department about it, and they said the phone is not allowing me to accept the wireless certificate, so even though I am connected to the wireless, I can't access it. My co-worker has an iPhone, and when he accesses the Wi-Fi for the first time each morning, his browser shows a pop-up that says "Accept Website Certificate - The certificate for this website is invalid. Tap accept to connect to this website anyway" and then he can select either "accept" or "cancel". When he hits "accept", the browser takes him to a page that says, "Welcome to the Cisco Wireless Network. Cisco is pleased to provide the Wireless LAN infrastructure for your network. Please login and put your air space to work." There is an "accept" button for him to hit, and then his browser has access to the Wi-Fi. My problem is that my browser is not showing the initial pop-up or taking me to the browser login page, it just says "Web page not available". The IT guys say there must be a preference or setting in my phone that will allow me to get these initial messages, but I can't find them anywhere. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC Droid Wi-Fi/Browser Problem at Work
vanmeciv

I am having this same problem with a Netgear WPN824 v3! I have contacted Netgear, Verizon, Comcast, and Motorola. None of them can tell me what to do with the phone. Did no one think their troublshooting through before the release of this phone?

0 Likes
tsauter
Contributor - Level 2

I dont know about the default browser, as I dont use it much because of lag issues. Try downloading Dolphin Browser from the market. When ever I have gone toa website with a bad cert it has prompted as you described above. It should fix your problem.

0 Likes
logicman
Contributor - Level 3

@delpstev - I don't think this is a browser related issue. The WiFi connection is not getting configured properly. Did you ever get prompted to create a password for certificate storage? Go into your wifi settings, touch and hold your work network entry and choose Forget Network. Then try connecting to it again. You should get prompted to create a password for certificate storage. Once you do that you should get prompted for settings including user ID and password.

0 Likes