HTC Droid Eris Update?
JoshP

I would love some official word from a Verizon rep on what is going on here. There are so many rumors about what might happen and that it might get updates and that is the 22nd or this or that or next week. It would just be nice if some one could come through with some concrete answer when my eris will be able to update the firmware version. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC Droid Eris Update?
oddestfellow

You just answered a question I posted on a different thread re: the Eris update.  So, I guess that update didn't happen yesterday, huh?  Maybe you can answer this other question for me - once the Eris gets the update, will it have the voice to text capabilities of the Nexus?  Also, I'm guessing that the update will also enable the Google Nav option for that phone as well?   Sorry for the noob questions, but I'm shopping for my first smartphone.  Thanks!

0 Likes
akanasty

If you are trying to use voice text as in for text messaging i suggest using handcent sms (ITS FREE). it is voice to text capable. once you install it hit compose message, hit the menu button and you will see voice. thats all their is to it. it also has a great pop up with a voice text button and it will also read your messages out loud for you  if you want it to. its a highly customizable messaging app. Hope you enjoy. I also use the app voice text, i dont know why it cant be found in the market but it also works on the eris.

0 Likes
JoshP

No Update as of yet. Possibly just a bug fix update as many are saying the Firmware update is being pushed back.... 😕 

On your other questions from what I've seen all devices once updated to 2.x will have voice to text in all fields. They should all also have some version of the Google turn by turn nav. They have ported that app over to some android devices on other networks. 

The eris is a formidable smartphone and I personally love it but if you are still shopping for a new smartphone wait untill the newest Palm devices hit verizon. Those are very "friendly" smartphones.

0 Likes