Re: HTC Droid Eris 2.1 leak version 3
jayjay1122
Enthusiast - Level 3

dimonty222 wrote:

do i need to download all 3 mirrors or is one of them ok?? i downloaded mirror 2 and it doesnt seem to work on my phone. i am currently running on 2.1 leak... please help

You only download ONE of the files. As you are already running another version of the leak, you may need to remove the old ZIP from your SD card or you did not put the new ZIP in the right place. Check those two things first!

0 Likes
jayjay1122
Enthusiast - Level 3

Dangerous_Dave wrote:
Did any of you have leak 2 previously? If so, any noticeable differences? It's a couple hours worth of work to rebuild the phone each time, so you want to make sure it's really worth the trouble. know what I mean??

Dave, there has been a huge amount of bugs repaired/addressed in V3. The biggest ones I have seen is that embedded images in GMAIL now appear as they should and the Apps that point to webpages now work again...

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
cgold56

OK.. so, I'm fairly technically competent...  If I follow the Upgrading Phone instructions, what is my risk level of going FUBAR??  Also, IF and WHEN Verizon pushes out the 2.1 upgrade, will my phone still receive it and will it upload onto my phone?  Got to admit, a little nervous about this... but REALLY want 2.1...

0 Likes
jayjay1122
Enthusiast - Level 3

cgold56 wrote:

OK.. so, I'm fairly technically competent...  If I follow the Upgrading Phone instructions, what is my risk level of going FUBAR??  Also, IF and WHEN Verizon pushes out the 2.1 upgrade, will my phone still receive it and will it upload onto my phone?  Got to admit, a little nervous about this... but REALLY want 2.1...

First, it is VERY easy to do. Follow the instructions and you will be fine, just make sure you put the ZIP file for the update at the ROOT of your SD card.

***You do NOT need to format your SD card!! I repeat, you do NOT need to format your SD card!!!!!!!

- Factory Reset (optional but cannot hurt as you will wipe your phone with the update anyway)

-Place the ZIP file at the ROOT of your SD (Do NOT unzip it)

-Power down your phone

-Press and hold the DOWN button on your volume control and turn on your phone.

***Follow onscreen instructions!

Should take about 10 minutes!

Good Luck!

0 Likes
cgold56

Thanks...  will I still get the Verizon "official" update IF & when it is pushed?

0 Likes
cgold56

Also (sorry)...  Can I leave the phone plugged in to the USB (but NOT mounted) for the process?

0 Likes
jayjay1122
Enthusiast - Level 3

cgold56 wrote:

Thanks...  will I still get the Verizon "official" update IF & when it is pushed?

Yeah, forgot to answer this part:

The short answer is nobody knows...

That being said, when the update is released there WILL be places to download it and install just like the leaks if it does not come to your phone via OTA.

As for the OTA, I have my own theories about this, I do not see a simple, painless way for them to roll out a new Firmware of this magnetude via the OTA process to all users. I can see this being one of the possible delays of the *Official" update. I would think it would make more sense for them to make this an optional web style update (ala the Iphone) to those that want it.

As for removing the USB cable, I would simply make sure I had my phone charged and disconnect the cable for the install. I have heard of people having problems leaving the USB attached.

0 Likes
cgold56

So.... I installed 2.1 v3 and everything seems to work fine...One issue though..  My battery life seems to be a lot less than before and the phone seems to be runnning hot.  I've started using the app killer again to see if that helps.  Know of any issues with running apps hurting battery life?

0 Likes