HTC Droid DNA volume rockers no longer recognize input.
garytmolineux

The volume rockers on the side of DROID DNA no longer change any of the volumes on my device.  They also do not recognize any inputs whatsoever.  Any advice on how to fix the problem?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: HTC Droid DNA volume rockers no longer recognize input.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

garytmolineux  We can understand how a the volume functions not working properly is a concern. When did you notice the volume buttons not working? What software version is your device running? Check settings, about, tap software information and list the software number. 

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
garytmolineux

Thanks for the reply. I began to notice this problem this past Sunday. I

am also noticing a very rapidly draining battery since this issue began.

Software number is 4.09.605.5.

On Fri, Feb 13, 2015 at 2:06 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Garytmolineux,

It's a huge inconvenience - to say the least - to have those button not responding at all. We'll get you loving your phone so you can enjoy our service again. That's definitely the most recent software so that's not the issue. Do you recall any significant event - physical/liquid damage, an app update, a new app downloaded, or a software update - that happened within the 24 hours before this started happening?

SarahO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
garytmolineux

The night before it reset itself and went into a cycle where it would not

reboot, just kept turning on and off.

On Feb 15, 2015 2:30 PM, "Verizon Wireless Customer Support" <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh wow. It has changed over to reboot cycle? Appreciate this new update, garytmolineux. I apologize for this question, but must ask, are there any signs of physical or water/moisture damage? Such as in the charge port or headphone jack? (Corrosion, etc)

I recommend taking your phone in for a hands on evaluation to have it reviewed. http://bit.ly/3SdsA It may still qualify for a replacement. (I was going to recommend to try and get it to boot into the submenu to try and wipe factory reset, but you mentioned the volume keys no longer work, so that won't be an available option.)

NicandroN_VZW

0 Likes