HTC Droid DNA - 4G Issue
jphuntz123

Please let me know if you have any ideas for what to do:

I’m having trouble with my 4G connection. Only when I’m connected to 4G, my phone will randomly stop downloading and uploading data. I live less than a mile from a Verizon tower and always have at least 4 bars. When I’m connected to 3G or WiFI, never have this issue.

Per HTC support, I’ve reset my radios by turning Airplane Mode on and off twice, then turning it on a third time, resetting the phone, and turning Airplane Mode off again. When that didn’t fix it, I also tried reseating the SIM card by turning off the phone, removing the SIM card, reinserting the SIM card, and turning the phone back on.

I'm still having the issue, so I'm open to any other ideas.

Thanks for your help.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC Droid DNA - 4G Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want you to be able to take advantage of the powerful 4G capabilities the Droid DNA has to offer jphuntz123! What do you mean when you say it stops downloading and uploading data on 4G? What tasks are you trying to complete when this happens? What content are you attempting to upload or download? Is this with your browser or apps? Does this happen in more than one area?

We will figure this out!

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
nychris61

i am having this same issue, my 4g service to be very blunt stinks on the DNA.  i had better and faster service on my DX with 3g.  any suggestions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nychris61,

I'm sorry to see that you are also having issues with your DNA. This is such a wonderful device and we want you to be able to use all its greats capabilities. What zip are you having the issue in? Have you filed a ticket with us on it. Without area information we want you to make sure that you have the latest software on the device. We also suggest removing/reinserting your sim card. Lastly we would like for you to run the phone in safe mode for a few hours and see if you see any changes http://vz.to/1db3qYW. Please keep us updated on how this works.

Thank you,

TonyG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
nychris61

The zip where I am having the most issue is 10022.

Not sure what you mean by a ticket

I've pulled and repulsed my SIM card a number of times. Even dry wiped it to clean the card.

Chris

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details, nychris61. What Tony means by ticket is an official notice to our network resolution team that we may have a service issue in the area. We may not need to reach that point yet as the area you're in (Manhattan) should have very strong service. I know from reading your posts that isn't the case with you, so we need to do all we can to turn that around.

We know that the service isn't good, but we haven't asked you to describe what you're seeing. If the service is slow, what speeds are you actually getting? I recommend using Speedtest.net to check while you're in zip code 10022. You also mentioned 'dry wiping' the card. Can you help me understand what process you used to 'dry wipe' the SIM?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
nychris61

dry wipe - using a non-static cleaning cloth

what do i see? - whether i use chrome or the stock internet web page it

takes forever to load, so using "speedtest" is useless if i can not open a

web page Smiley Sad .

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

nychris61 wrote:

dry wipe - using a non-static cleaning cloth

what do i see? - whether i use chrome or the stock internet web page it

takes forever to load, so using "speedtest" is useless if i can not open a

web page Smiley Sad .

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 12:22 PM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

Speedtest has an android app too.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
nychris61

i had to go out side to download the app. tried to run speedtest inside and

its unable to find a server.

0 Likes
nychris61

tried using Speedtest inside - nothing it was unable to locate a server.

outside i received the following results: download 0.46mbps / upload

0.03mbps / ping 128ms.

seems very slow to me

>>Personal information removed<<

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator

0 Likes