HTC DROID DNA Location Services Issue
scruff311

I've had my DROID DNA for a week now and love it. However, I've been experiencing problems with the location services. Most of the time when I try to start Google Navigation, it takes up to 5 minutes to get my location. Other apps that use location services to 'check-in' to nearby places fail to get a listing because it is unable to resolve my location. I plan to bring it back to the store because I suspect I have a lemon. Anyone else having this issue?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC DROID DNA Location Services Issue
MHeyward

I've been having similar issues. I've had the phone about a week and it never "knows" where I am (even when I'm connected to my WiFi at home). Even when I turn on the stand-alone GPS it takes a while for it to find me. I've also had the same issues with checking in to nearby places. I'm in Upstate NY and I think at one point it was showing me "nearby" places that were in Tulsa. I haven't taken it in yet, but I may since I'm also having issues with it "losing" my SIM card. Ugh..

0 Likes
Snappa

Yep, having the same issue. All my past phones, I have left GPS off unless I want to actually navigate to somewhere. And the phones have always known my location via cell tower within .25 mile. Very seldom ever needed GPS and never needed to be on WiFi. With the DNA, getting my location is impossible with the Verzion service and the Google service turned on. And when I fire up the GPS I either get "Waiting for location" forever or eventually I will show up after 5 minutes.

0 Likes
kimliles
Enthusiast - Level 2

yes, mine said that i didnt have proper permissions and that my font was too big to be compatible, however it was set on small and google had permissions, never got a resolve to that because my phone was replaced for sim card errors

0 Likes
kimliles
Enthusiast - Level 2

well be prepared for total phone loss if you are getting sim card error. Verizon and HTC have known about the problem since 11/12 but continue to sell them as fast as they can without the disclaimer!! just saying... I got my 1st dna on 12/14/12 master reset on 12/24/: sim card error on Jan05, replace on Jan 10 with phone that took two days to activate... so stand by... not one of vzw's finer moments

0 Likes