HTC DNA Stuck in boot loop
Zipperelli

So I had this problem last night, and the guy at the Verizon Store helped me fix the boot loop that my DNA was stuck in, but now it's doing the same thing and it won't let me do what he did.

Basically a text box popped up saying that my phone was powering off in 'x' seconds. Before I could try to stop it, it went into a boot loop, as it did just 24 hours ago. I tried holding the power and volume down button, and it brought me into the bios, just like the guy at Verizon showed me, however once I'm in the menu, my volume and power buttons cease to function, and after a few seconds, it goes right back into the boot loop.

Also, my orange charging indicator light no longer illuminates when the phone is plugged into the charger, nor when it is placed on the wireless charging pad I have. Currently I'm considering letting the battery die and then charge the phone up and reboot it that way, but I don't want to let the phone die, only to find out that it won't charge either, and have essentially a dead phone.

Any ideas besides a new phone? I can't even select the factory reset option, so that's out of the question.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC DNA Stuck in boot loop
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Zipperelli, let's get your device out of that boot loop. Is there any physical or liquid damage on it? Did you recently recieve a software update on your phone?

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
jay_jay

Any luck with this issue? I am stuck in the same spot. I have not had any water damage either. The batter did however entirely drain I believe.

0 Likes
nb1711

My DNA is doing the exact same thing any fixes for this issue?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having this issue too jay_jay! If the battery is completely drained, please try charging it for about an hour and then see if it will restart. Otherwise, please advise if you're able to at least get to the main screen on your phone. As many details as possible is best.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@nb1711,

Let's get your phone acting right!

Do you have the latest software 3.06.605.4 / Baseband: 1.01.01.1112 ? Did this start after accessing or downloading a certain app? Try resetting the phone http://vz.to/OEi1CM and retest.

JohnB_VZW

0 Likes
yoalb

my phone is having the same issue. i did not download any updates, it turned off overnight. now it is stuck in the boot loop. when i hold power and volume, and go down to the "factory reset" option, the phone freezes as soon as i hit the power button to select it.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Instead of going to Factory Reset, go to Wipe Cache Partition (I think it's the bottom choice), then hit the power button to select.  What happens?

If that works, and it wipes the system cache (you don't lose settings this way), then it will highlight the option to Restart the phone....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

yoalb, We're terribly sorry to hear your DNA isn't working properly. If a factory reset doesn't work then we can send a warranty replacement if the phone is covered. Is there any physical or moisture damage?

sheritah_vzw
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
clyde44556

Im having the same issue where my HTC DNA is in a constant state of rebooting in a loop, sometimes I have a couple secs to write the versions down to see if that's what it is but I tried doing a factory reset in the settings menu and it doesn't do anything when I click on ok. Tried the soft reset advice aswell and it just loops again. it only stops rebooting if I can manage to pull up the power off screen and click power off and then it stops the restarting. Is it a bad sim card or?

0 Likes