Re: HTC 11 compatibility with Verizon - status requested
lwinstead
Enthusiast - Level 2

I shouldn't go off-topic, but Dsar, Google as my voicemail service also does that for free. 

0 Likes
Dsar17

Thanks Iwin its an option.  The required additional virtual phone number and allowing big brother access to all my voicemaisl is something am reluctant about. I really just wanted a new phone with native VVM, WIFI calling, all the new bells and whistles, and new BATTERY.   

Maybe off topic somewhat, but still I don't see why Verizon charges Android users 2.99 for so called "Premium" VVM with text to voice, but offers service FREE with Iphones.

HTC 12  ? lol

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning Dsar17. We are here to help. All devices are covered by a manufacturers warranty. You may reach out to HTC here:http://www.htc.com/us/smartphones/htc-u11/#!color=red. Please click "support".

BobbyN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
THizzle7XU
Enthusiast - Level 1

My HTC U11 randomly stopped being able to receive SMS or MMS messages around noon yesterday. Working fine in the morning, then I get a text from my wife in the late afternoon on my work phone if I've been getting her messages. After testing it myself with my work phone, I can send messages from the phone, but it can't recieve any. Goodbye two factor authentication! I took it into a Verizon store and after looking at my account and putting in a new SIM card, he couldn't help me there. I factory reset it, and that still didn't fix it. Also made getting a Google account real fun without two factor authentication without being able to get a text at my number.

I have had a terrible experience with Verizon with this "compatible" but then less compatible phone on Verizon after it was already being sold (HTC/Verizon claimed it supported more LTE bands until removing them from their website). I've been unable to connect to the cell network after reboots or updates, only to be fixed with a factory reset. I at one point randomly lost the ability to receive MMS when using 3rd party text apps, like Textra and was forced to use either VZ Messages+ or the plain old Android Messages system app, and now I can't use a primary communication method with SMS being broken, with nothing changing on the phone. My work iPhone got carrier updates yesterday, so I wonder if backend network changes keep breaking stuff. This phone is trash on Verizon. Also, internet speeds on Band 13 are garbage. Remember loading sites on AOL where the picture slowly loaded into view. That's the mobile data experience with this phone on Verizon.

lwinstead
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thizzle, I'm right there with you.  Your experience was my experience.  Thankfully, HTC support was AMAZING and super nice to me and accepted a return (YMMV).  I really really REALLY did not want to give up the U11.  It's 95% perfect, which suited me just fine, but Verizon crippled it.  (I'll tell you what, I'm gonna miss the HECK outta the squeeze sensors!)  And in all fairness, the deals they have with HTC are existent, and you and I are not going to change that.  Verizon won't support this phone, although they'll let it on their network in a limited fashion.  But that's a big red flag (dare I say "checkmark"?) to not join the two.  And that's a shame. 

Having said that, what really hurts me is that Verizon is THE carrier to have in Jamestown, ND, if you actually want coverage.  So I couldn't even switch carriers if I wanted to.  Argh.