HTC 11 compatibility with Verizon - status requested
Dsar17

Last I checked here there was a long thread about issues with people who purchased the HTC 11U trying to get it working on Verizon.  I am wondering what the latest status and if major features such as WIFI Calling and Visual Voicemail had been resolved ?  I see the old thread located at

Is the HTC U11 coming to Verizon?

has been locked for some reason (?).

I have an old HTC M8 and need to upgrade, have waited for the HTC 11 and now its here but has not been integrated onto V network..  Is Verizon turning its back on the best Android phone out there now or have the issues in the abolve thread been resolved? ANyone ?

THanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC 11 compatibility with Verizon - status requested
lwinstead
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the U11 and I'm on Verizon.  This phone is awesome, and I have always been a big fan of HTC.  Having said that, two days ago the cell radio stopped working, and I haven't had cell service since.  Prior to then, it worked just fine, albeit only on Band 13, although for my usage that wasn't a problem.  Now, however, I have to beg HTC to let me return the phone for a refund because it's a wifi-enabled paperweight.  Grrr.  I'll admit this could be a QA issue with the phone, and I'm hoping it is, but it could also be because Verizon is limiting the phone.  Since Verizon won't ever admit to something like that, we'll never know.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Verizon Certified Open Development Android Smartphones

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
lwinstead
Enthusiast - Level 2

Ann, thanks for posting that link, but it doesn't answer the OP's question.  That link says it's compatible, and that's it.  YMMV, but based on MY mileage, I wouldn't opt for the U11 on Verizon, and yes, I'm bitter and it sucks.

0 Likes
Dsar17

Surely there is a warranty from HTC and they will replace phone.  RIght ?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the phone is less than a year old, then yes HTC is responsible for the warranty.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Dsar17

Thanks for the link.  But I understand that per HTC documentation and Verizon website the phone is "certified" and "compatible" with V network.  However, the original thread in my OP has 20 pages of users with issues they faced regardless of "compatibility".  Verizon shut down the thread for some reason. I had been monitoring it to see if and when the issues got resolved - cant do that anymore Smiley Sad   I don't know why HTC and Verizon didn't do the work needed to fully integrate all those features in that thread.  I am hopeful they have been resolved and would like to upgrade my device but hesitate without knowing.  I feel like for whatever reason, I have to choose another phone to get full capability.  I am jealous of wife's VVM - I am still in dark ages of having to make a phone call, hear a prompt, enter a pin number, and listen to each message in a pipeline fashion and then delete manually.  ugly and hassle.  And VVM is one of the features supposedly not working with the u11.  My M8 works and I can use for awhile, eventually have to choose something else.  Maybe its Hello IPhone....thanks HTC and Verizon for not offering us Android users the phone many of us wanted.  Oh well I cant find any reason why HTC and Verizon failed to offer the device pre-integrated via Verizon website. 

0 Likes
lwinstead
Enthusiast - Level 2

Was the U11 really ever "certified" for Verizon?  I know it's compatible (both with and without quotes to denote unofficial and official statements), but did Verizon ever use the word "certified"?

FYI, VVM is an app; if you set up Google to be your voicemail, you get the same functionality via Gmail and the Gmail app on your phone.  It's not that hard, and I don't think it's a good reason to hate on Verizon.  There are PLENTY MORE reasons to do that.  Nonetheless, Verizon specifically states VVM will not work on the U11. 

0 Likes
Dsar17

The true VVM is native and built into the dialer, not a separate download.  Yeah there are other 3rd party apps that attempt to duplicate but they do not fully duplicate the VVM.  Even worse, IPhone VVM has free Voice to Text and android users must pay for that (2.99 per month) ! 

I may end up with IPhone, I'm looking at the Pixel 2 its made by HTC for Google and may be nice alternative.  At least its sold by Verizon and supported.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lwinstead-

I certainly understand the importance of having a phone that works to your expectations. While this phone may be compatible with our network, it's not a device we have in our lineup so troubleshooting is very limited. I would suggest reaching out to HTC for further assistance on their warranty program.

CarmenT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes