HTC 10 Oreo battery life
FrankCerreto

Ever since the oreo update, battery life on my HTC 10 has been awful.  Im getting about 2 hours of battery life on a single charge.  This phone has been rendered unusable, and after a full restore the problems persist.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC 10 Oreo battery life
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FrankCerreto,

Updating software on the phone should be an easy task with enhancements that will help improve the experience with your device. I am concerned to hear that was not the case with your phone but we will work to get this resolved for you. I would just like to make sure we are on the same page in terms of what you have already completed on your own. You mentioned you did a full restore, did you set the device back to the out of box settings? Does the phone ever receive any alerts about it being too warm or does it feel very warm at any time? 

CandiceH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FrankCerreto

Yes.  I did a factory reset. I am not receiving any alerts about overheating.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for confirming FrankCerreto. I am glad to learn that you are not receiving alerts about the phone overheating. When you completed the factory reset did your applications automatically restore? Please go to Settings > Battery > tap the battery percentage > what is utilizing the most of the battery life?

TionnaB_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
FrankCerreto

There are no apps that are using an abnormal amount of battery life.  I am only getting about 2 and a half hours of screen on time. Before the 8.0 update I was getting above 4 hours of screen on time.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

FrankCerreto-

I appreciate those details. Have you tried using a different charger/USB cable? How were your apps restored(automatically or manually)?

CarmenT_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Shmawesome

I am having a very similar issue with my Htc 10 and I have looked all over the internet and have not found any real fix to this problem. I have tried wiping the cache partitions, I have went into developer options and have lowered the amount of background processes and nothing seems to be helping. I have seen a post about someone having some luck with deleting an apn in the phone but they don't go into detail on how or where this is done so I am still stuck on what to do. I go to sleep with the phone at 100% battery and wake up 8 hours later with the phone already at 80%. Before it would never be below 95% after just idling so something is definitely wrong here. Another Problem I am having is that all my games run with incredibly terrible stutter rendering the phone useless for games, when before it ran everything flawlessly. Its sad to see an update take so long to be released and to only be worse than it used to be.

0 Likes
ANDAWT15

is this thread dead now?  Verizon have any more information on how to fix (or when a fix is coming out)?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Andawt15m, we can bring the thread alive. We want you to enjoy your update without issues.  Please tell me more about what your experiencing?

Shmawesome, are you still experience issues with the battery life on your device? 

Katrina_VZW

0 Likes
PedroCircus

Updated my HTC10 into Oreo 8 and been having that exact same problem. Battery is draining much faster than it used before the update.

There is no apps using abnormal percentage of the battery, already did a factory reset and the problem remains.

It's been hard to rely on the phone since its battery lasts less than 2 hours since updated to Oreo 8.

0 Likes