HTC 10/Oreo 8.0.0 update/Can't Access Google Store
COOKEDGOOSE

The Oreo 8.0.0 update went through to my HTC 10 yesterday, and since then I have been continuously prompted to take action on my Google accounts. When I go to do just that (as in: sign into my main Google account and others), it tells me I've been logged out and I need to sign in again. If I click "sign in", I am taken to a screen where I can enter my password. When I do, I am cycled back to the screen that tells me I have been logged out and must sign in. I have done this countless times through my phone after several reboots, to no avail. My accounts have not been hacked, as I can log into them from my PC - I just can't get into them from my phone. This has prevented me from updating my apps via the Google Store. It also keeps me from using other Google services like my accounts on YouTube. I have an independent email app for a non-google email account and I have been prevented from accessing that account, as well. What should I do?

I have run out of ideas. Your help is very much appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC 10/Oreo 8.0.0 update/Can't Access Google Store
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

COOKEDGOOSE, 

We understand how frustrating this is for you. Software updates are designed to approve, but there can be the occasional trouble. Let's get the details. Have you attempted to remove the email and Google accounts from the Settings on your device? Is your information backed up on your device?

JenelleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
COOKEDGOOSE

Thank you.

I haven't attempted to remove the accounts from the device, and I do not use the backup feature.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

COOKEDGOOSE, being able to sign in to your Google account and using your apps is important. Let's work together to turn things around. Please remove all the accounts on your phone via this guide: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-204838/. After you have done this step, you may re-add the accounts: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-204685/. This should resolve your issues in regard to being signed out of your Google account. When you have completed the steps above, please let us know if these steps are effective.

LorenzoP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes