Re: HTC 10 & Android 7.0
Tidbits
Legend

Healthy discussions are always welcome.  I would love everyone to get updates quicker than others.  The problem even Google own AOSP project with Sony showed carrier "modifications" and testing was about a month.  If there are delays it is often manufacturer code that breaks or causes security concerns with carrier networks.  Manufacturers don't have the same teams working on all the updates.  As with any teams they don't perform in the same speed and pace as the next.

I believe we need to start acting more like Europe and force the burden onto the manufacturers.  If that happens we'll see them spend more resources into updating their devices.  It works in Europe so I don't see how it will not work here.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Got an update this morning on my LG V10. IT IS STILL ONLY 6.0!!!!

Obviously VZW doesn't care that or devices are running software that is almost 2 years old.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do understand how important this update is to our customers. As many of you know we take our time before we push updates to make sure that it is right and will give our customers the best experience as possible. We appreciate your patience. Here is where you can go to prepare for it: http://vz.to/1P9lNh0.

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Verizon Wireless Customer Support wrote:

We do understand how important this update is to our customers. As many of you know we take our time before we push updates to make sure that it is right and will give our customers the best experience as possible. We appreciate your patience. Here is where you can go to prepare for it: http://vz.to/1P9lNh0.

AnthonyM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

Taking your time is one thing. Leaving us on a 16 month old software is another. What do end users have to do to get this fixed? Then, of course, my phone will not be supported after October of this year because it will be 2 years old. Which make me mad because these devices are made with processors and chips that can handle new software for AT LEAST 5 years after date of manufacture.

People are going to stop buying and manufacturers and carriers will need to quickly change their support tactics. We are not going to stand for paying full retail then having devices made obsolete as soon as we are done paying for them.

douga54
Enthusiast - Level 3

Just wanted to say I'm waiting for Nougat to hit my Verizon HTC 10. I

understand the need for Verizon to test and verify the software before the

release. It just seems that it is taking much longer than other carriers.

I'm not blaming Verizon or HTC for the delay. I just want to hear from

Verizon about the status of the OS and planned date for release. No one

knows, or no one is authorized to say anything public and it is a bit

frustrating not knowing. Give us something, please.

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 7:37 AM, sprmankalel <forums@verizonwireless.com>

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

douga54 wrote:

Just wanted to say I'm waiting for Nougat to hit my Verizon HTC 10. I

understand the need for Verizon to test and verify the software before the

release. It just seems that it is taking much longer than other carriers.

I'm not blaming Verizon or HTC for the delay. I just want to hear from

Verizon about the status of the OS and planned date for release. No one

knows, or no one is authorized to say anything public and it is a bit

frustrating not knowing. Give us something, please.

On Fri, Feb 24, 2017 at 7:37 AM, sprmankalel <forums@verizonwireless.com>

See the answer that they gave to me.

You will ONLY get that from them.

Trust me. I tweet at VZW and LG almost every day. I get NOTHING from LG and the same response from VZW.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You have to remember that with LG having newer devices out, they're more likely to devote resources to those devices. Older models always receive updates after newer models and, with the way LG had been struggling lately, they've probably cut back on the manpower available to work on updates.

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Not true, SOCs are dropped from AOSP support after 2-3 years.

demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Verizon has never been public with update status due to the backlash they would receive if the update took longer than anticipated. Don't expect that to change anytime soon.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I think that the LG V10 being less than a year old when 7.0 was released should already have it by now. Especially since the V20 which was released with 7.0 is almost exactly the same device.

0 Likes