Re: HTC 10 & Android 7.0
Tidbits
Legend

Complaining about not getting an update and the fact HTC own timeline says it's ultimately up to them to finish the update sure is a major contribution over saying the fact I have been a developer for companies(like Samsung, and Sony) that deal with hardware know we make outside companies sign NDs. Good call. Keep saying the same thing that has been said for the past I years and change nothing.

Yes it was leaked that it is supposed to come out on the 30th, but again nothing official from even HTC who can give out that information long before Verizon can be to contractual agreements.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Verizon HTC 10 receiving Android Nougat update on March 30 | PhoneDog

For reference,  but keep in mind dates can change.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

One should note the information about the update came from HTC not Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

This is why I got rid of my LG V10 and went back to Apple. I was tired of waiting for LG to get good and ready to send an update.

Tidbits wrote:

It's not up to carriers to support the product. Even HTC own timelines shows Carriers have a lot less control to dictate support. If HTC takes their sweet time getting the update ready then that's it.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

LG wasn't going to update any V10 or G4. They finally caved in to customer complaint and said they will update those devices about 2 weeks ago. For those devices they should expect the update a very long time from now. I would say at least 4 months minimum 8 months realistically due to how our FCC licensing works.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Exactly why I got rid of it. I will have paid the thing off before the update is ready. Worse is that O will have been released by then.

mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

"Yes it was leaked that it is supposed to come out on the 30th, but again nothing official from even HTC who can give out that information"

Nothing official from HTC?

So this tweet from Mo Versi VP of Product Management isn't official?

Mo Versi (@moversi) | Twitter

"HTC 10 Verizon owners! Greatly appreciate all your patience and support. N OS is here! We have TA and OTA to start on Thur 3/30. Thank you!"

I don't think it gets much more official than that.
What phone are YOU using?
You might have a connection with this industry, but your comments re: HTC and Verizon and what "is likely happening" is just conjecture on your part.
Anyway, hopefully this thread will be rendered moot tomorrow and we can put this long awaited verizon fiasco to bed.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

mk7se wrote:

"Yes it was leaked that it is supposed to come out on the 30th, but again nothing official from even HTC who can give out that information"

Nothing official from HTC?

So this tweet from Mo Versi VP of Product Management isn't official?

Mo Versi (@moversi) | Twitter

"HTC 10 Verizon owners! Greatly appreciate all your patience and support. N OS is here! We have TA and OTA to start on Thur 3/30. Thank you!"

I don't think it gets much more official than that.
What phone are YOU using?
You might have a connection with this industry, but your comments re: HTC and Verizon and what "is likely happening" is just conjecture on your part.
Anyway, hopefully this thread will be rendered moot tomorrow and we can put this long awaited verizon fiasco to bed.

1.  Not everyone tweets, and yes I missed the tweet.

2.  My response was based on the entirety of the thread in culmination of the various other threads.  1 tweet out of how many months of people asking how many questions directly to HTC?

3.  If you called in the reps will say NOTHING about the update, and do not know of that tweet.  It may have been known to them some time after that tweet.

4.  Currently using all current flagships and soon to be 2017 flagships.  This is all due to work.  My daily driver is HTC 10 on verizon, U Ultra on T-Mobile, and Pixel XL/iPone 7+ on AT&T.  Yes I do carry all of them.

5.  There were a few leaked responses from elevate saying about rumors of a 30th release, but no official HTC response other than the basic "You'll get it when it's finished" response.

6.  You response actually backs up what I said earlier about information. 

NDA would not allow them to say so.  HTC hasn't updated their website which if they say anything wouldn't violate the NDA they make carriers sign.  Just some food for thought.  They haven't even put HTC 10s on their lists.  It doesn't make you wonder?

HTC Software Updates | HTC United States

Sadly HTC is going by the wayside.  They've been under-hyping, and overpricing their products.   Their U Ultra is a prime example of it.  I like the brand and their overall UI compared to other manufacturers, but the cost isn't worth it.  Would you get a S8+ gear VR with controller or HTC U Ultra for $750?  Even the the HTC 10 was priced higher than all the current flagships except for Sony which they are doing the same thing as HTC.

0 Likes
douga54
Enthusiast - Level 3

My HTC 10 is downloading the system update right now. Smiley Happy

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 10:12 AM, Tidbits <forums@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
ron1284
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've installed it this morning. Noticing some bugs already. Gmail is giving

me issues.