Re: HTC 10 & Android 7.0
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Yes

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Good luck with that. I do't believe it for a second.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

sprmankalel wrote:

Because Verizon could put a little pressure on the manufacturers.

LG didn't get the Nougat update in July. I am sure that they've had it for quite a while.

Carriers don't have as much clout you believe they have.

Manufacturers if they wanted to because of updates all of them could flat out say Verizon is to blame and pull products.  If manufacturers no longer make a device that works on Verizon's network what do you think their customers will do?  Think about it for a minute Smiley Happy 

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

You don't have to believe it for it to be truth.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Well, I don't know you so I don't know that you are telling us correct information. Sources?

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3
0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

The only thing given in advanced and what demo is a tad wrong about as well.

Manufacturers don't get code in advanced until recently. Everyone had to wait until Google released source code. Remember that AOSP project I mentioned earlier? It showed carriers weren't the delay or the one causing the delay. It was licensing which isn't in the hands of the carriers. We are talking Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, USB, and government bodies like the FCC. Google as of 5.0 made a thing called the PDK to shorten this process to get devices finalized the licensing before their source is released.

LG releasing the V20 with the update is probably due to an agreement for the 5X. They probably took a loss somewhere in return for the bragging rights.

0 Likes
mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

I'm sorry but verizon does have serious pull with manufacturers.

Also, your constant mention of the Google Sony ASOP is irrelevant.

HTC has managed to get the update out on Sprint, T-Mobile, and of late it's rolled out in India!

Why wouldn't HTC want to have the update out on the biggest, at least in the US, carrier?

The carrier that charges the most and has a lot of clout? Doesn't make sense does it?

Verizon itself admits it does extensive testing before it releases software updates. It's well documented on the internet. But in verizon's case extensive testing means "extensive delaying".

verizon was the last carrier to pick up the M7 after all the other carriers did? You think HTC didn't want their handset on the biggest carrier? verizon received tremendous pressure to carry it. When they finally did carry it, the sales people in the store didn't even know they had it. They had to go to the computer which told them they had a box in the stockroom with some. Which was after they tried to tell you about Samsung and Apple and even crappy Motorola.

The same thing again with the 10. There was no pedestal in the front of the store with the HTC 10 on it or signage like the LG G5 and the Sam S7 had . It was sandwiched in the back of the store between some flip phones. In all 5 stores I went to find it in!! Sales people again didn't know they were even carrying it!!!

You think that's HTC's idea?

DON'T tell me the carriers don't have pull. If they didn't we wouldn't have any V-bloatware on our phones.

They have to approve the code HTC submits to them. That's the truth! Then, when they finally get around to sending it back, HTC makes the modifications verizon mandates.

You also keep saying verizon touches no code? Then why does HTC have to submit the code to them in the first place? Sure they may not write it, but they darn well say what modifications need to be done to it before it can be sent out. So they do affect the code.

Tidbits
Legend

If you really think Verizon has pull with manufacturers you are sorely mistaken.  Like I told you Verizon needs them not the other way around.  If manufacturers decided not to make CDMA devices for Verizon.... How is Verizon going to bring in customers or even sustain customers...  AT&T would be glad to have that happen.  Look at Apple and how Verizon caved in because Apple had the sales number and needed Apple to make one for them or lose more customers.

HTC doesn't submit code to Verizon...  They give them the FINISHED product to test.  That's a HUGE difference

As for sales go.  Weak sellers NO MATTER what company will always get to the back of the store...  Show me a company that would put their worst sellers front and center...  That's the weakest argument to do.

0 Likes
mk7se
Contributor - Level 2

....And we're still waiting, and waiting...

I guess verizon can wait for my full bill payment.

0 Likes