HTC 10 Android 6 and 7 with Bluetooth disconnecting randomly
xgen69

So, I've had an HTC 10 since last April and used a new Plantronics Voyager 5200 on it since August of 2016. In the last 3 months this bluetooth connection to the phone has been horrible. I had got so tired of the problem I contacted Verizon support for assistance. With their ideas and my knowledge I thought we had an understanding but, I don't think that is the case anymore. Through there suggestions and troubleshooting I still have the same problem with bluetooth connectivity with Nougat update that I had on Marshmallow. The tech that I was working with that has never responded to my email about the issue had determined that it was either the Bluetooth coding issue with drivers either from Plantronics or Verizon. Knowing that I am not getting anywhere with technical support on the issue, I am at a loss and if someone doesn't do something I'm probably going to find another phone and another mobile provider that isn't as expensive for plans. I'm done supporting businesses that don't support their products or services.

For the record, here is the troubleshooting done by myself and with that tech's suggestions:

HTC 10 Marshmallow troubleshooting

1. Reset Network settings

2. Reboot device

3. Repaired Voyager 5200 successful

4. Kept bluetooth turned on for several hours and it stayed connected

5. Turned off bluetooth

6. Turned on bluetooth and lost headset connection for media from Youtube and to answer or make a call from bluetooth or use the "Google Assistant"

7. Restarted the phone in "Safe mode"

8. Established bluetooth connection and it worked fine.

9. Factory reset the phone.

10. Did not install any updates for any of the apps that were preloaded on the phone nor, did I install any "Third party" apps.

11. The bluetooth connection issue still came to fruition and this did not help to resolve the connection problem.

12. Installed updates and third party apps with no further resolution.

With all these steps and the tech was emailed the findings of connecting another bluetooth device that had the same problem on my phone and a second HTC 10 that had never had my bluetooth device connected or even a bluetooth device at all connected to it. The second bluetooth device had the same issue on another HTC 10 as it had on my HTC 10.

Now, on to the HTC 10 with Nougat update applied

I have not done anything any different at this time.

1. In the phone app when dialing someone(anyone) the phone bluetooth icon and operation turns itself off and on which disconnects the bluetooth device and I have to speak and talk through the handset(phone) itself.

2. I reset the "Network settings"

3. Rebooted the phone

4. I still have the same problem to no avail....

My knowledge and determination tell me that this issue is definitely with the phone/bluetooth app and/or drivers.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HTC 10 Android 6 and 7 with Bluetooth disconnecting randomly
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We truly appreciate all of your efforts thus far with trying to get your bluetooth device connected properly and keeping the connection, xgen69. I rely on my bluetooth to keep my hands free when I need it and definitely want you to have this convenience. From all you have provided, it definitely sounds like you have completed all troubleshooting steps to get this up and running. A few things we would want to check is if your device works with any other bluetooth devices that are not the same model of your bluetooth headset. Have you ever tested pairing the phone with a car bluetooth? This will help us narrow down the root cause.

DanielleR_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
xgen69

Danielle,

As I stated above, I have tried a different model of bluetooth device on both of the phones on my account. I got the same result, no improvement or change in the situation. I have paired my plantronics bluetooth with my ASUS tablet and a Samsung Galaxy 2 and it works perfectly fine. I also can pair the other bluetooth device with them and it works perfectly fine. This was actually left out of my troubleshooting steps. Your comment reminded me that I had emailed these results to the Verizon representative, of which I have heard nothing back from that person. I have the name in my email. I do not have bluetooth in my car system but, that should certainly not matter with this issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you. If the device is able to connect to your tablet with no issues, then I believe this points more in the direction of the Bluetooth device having the issue. Just to confirm, have you replaced it already?

TylerK_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
xgen69

You may want to rethink that post! As I stated twice now, my bluetooth has no problems with other devices and a second bluetooth I purchased does not have any problem with other devices, only the HTC 10, even with the recent upgrade to Nougat. I have already contacted Plantronics and troubleshot the device with them. They identified that my bluetooth, Plantronics Voyager 5200, is working perfectly fine. Verizon always wants to blame the persons' devices and not take the blame on their self for improper coding or incorrect drivers. I think you need to find someone experienced to do more research. I have a rather large following in this city and I can have them all, including myself, move to a different provider!

0 Likes
xgen69

Let me CLARIFY that the device(HTC 10) in the NOTIFICATIONS, Phone App, and "Bluetooth Setting" is where the icon is and it is turning off and on on its' own. As I have stated this on the phone with the technical support representative and in an email to that same technical support representative, and now here on this support forum. I have used four different devices with bluetooth capability, two HTC 10's, an ASUS tablet, and a Samsung Galaxy 2. I have used my Plantronics Voyager 5200 and a TrueBlue TB-92EX bluetooth headsets for troubleshooting on all devices. The HTC 10's BOTH have the IDENTICAL problem of Bluetooth connectivity within the "Notification", "Phone App", and "Bluetooth Settings" areas. IT IS NOT MY PLANTRONICS Voyager 5200 or TRUE BLUE TB-92EX bluetooth devices. Especially when both devices have the same identical problem on the HTC 10's but, not one problem on either of the other devices.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I wonder if this is related to the Bluetooth bug in the Pixel phones recently.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your efforts and patience, xgen69. We want to be sure you are able to use any Bluetooth device properly with the phone and I’m happy to continue helping.

I was able to send you a private message to go over a few more details and continue working towards a solution. Thank you for working with us.

SteveR_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
CARROB28

I have a BMW X5 that will not stay connected to my HTC10. My husbands Samsung, Son's Apple, and daughters Apple all stay connected so i know it is the phone. NO ONE seems to care or want to help. It connects for about 30-60 seconds and then randomly switches to my phone and I have to hit speaker, then while talking it switches back to the car. VERY FRUSTRATED with HTC. I have been an avid HTC fan for over 10 years when they first came out with the touch screen before anyone else but their quality has severed severely and they don't care about their phones working 100% properly.

Anyone have any suggestions........otherwise I will be getting a Samsung next and never buying an HTC again.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

carrob28

We definitely want to see you able to use your bluetooth with your car. I understand that other devices are having no problem connecting with your BMW X5. Does your HTC 10 have any issues connecting with other Bluetooth devices like a headset or a smart watch?

JosephT_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the 'Correct Answer' button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes