HELP WITH CELL PHONE PICKS?
Newtogoogle
I need help picking a new phone. I would like to have a google phone but dont know what i should do. I like the droid its fast and quick. But i dont know if moto will keep updateing the software or just to 2.1. So what i'm asking is what should i do about my first google os device. Thank you so much.
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: HELP WITH CELL PHONE PICKS?
Newtogoogle
And i have a upgrade date on the 20th of Feb.
0 Likes
somegirl
Champion - Level 3

How important is having a physical keyboard to you? If it is very important, then the Moto Droid is probably your best bet.

Otherwise you might wait and see how you feel about the Nexus One or the Incredible.

0 Likes
Newtogoogle
Well i have a touch pro 2 and i really dont use the keyboard. But the nexus one is only sold by Google and There so many problems with it. I like it but on the site they dont have it available for a family plan yet and the htc incredible is a cool looking phone but dont really know if its going to come out soon.
0 Likes
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

Newtogoogle wrote:
Well i have a touch pro 2 and i really dont use the keyboard. But the nexus one is only sold by Google and There so many problems with it. I like it but on the site they dont have it available for a family plan yet and the htc incredible is a cool looking phone but dont really know if its going to come out soon.

making an investment like this, it is important to do the leg work yourself.  everyone's opinion on the subject is valuable but to a degree.

-do you have large or small fingers?  this comes into play when using a physical keyboard or virtual keyboard

-do you have bad eyesight or use bi-focals?  this comes into play if the phone you purchase has no font control

-do you like to carry your phone in your pocket/purse/backpack?  this comes into play because some phones will provide specific cases/holders that work for their phone but not others

many people have said that they spent hours at a verizon store and played with all the avail. phones to make sure that it does what they want.  you may have to do the same.

remember, if you go Eris, you wont have the ability to use many motorola Droid apps like Google Maps WITH TURN BY TURN NAVIGATION until it is updated to 2.0/2.1

Motorola Droid users are patiently waiting for the 2.1 update and even rooting their phones to get the benefits now (i for one will never root something i paid $600 for, yeah i paid for it outright, couldnt wait)

nexus one users are enjoying the 2.1, but we Verizon users wont see the phone for a few more months.

Palm Pre uses the palm OS.  if you can stand it, then it might suit you.....

You might have to do some hands on research.  for the price you are going to pay, it should be worth the time

0 Likes