HELP!! I don't know which update option to choose so I won't loose my info!!
kath1221

HELP!!

I got a message stating that there was a Samsung update that I had to install, so I did, BUT then the phone turned off and now there is a screen that says "Android system recovery" and it wants me to choose between:

1 reboot system now

2 apply update from ADB

3 apply update from external storage

4 wipe data/factory reset

5 wipe cache partition

6 apply update from cache

I don't know which one to choose so that I DO NOT loose any of the info I have on my phone!!  I am worried about losing, pics, texts with attachments etc etc

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: HELP!! I don't know which update option to choose so I won't loose my info!!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry the update is confusing kath1221. I can understand your concern for not losing your information. You can choose reboot system now which just shuts the phone off and on. If you choose "wipe data/factory reset" this will delete everything on your device. Once the phone turns on, check and ensure the software is updated via the settings. I also have the Galaxy 3 and wipe cache will delete your temporary browser list. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Kinquana_VZw
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: HELP!! I don't know which update option to choose so I won't loose my info!!
kath1221

By the way, I have the galaxy 3

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry the update is confusing kath1221. I can understand your concern for not losing your information. You can choose reboot system now which just shuts the phone off and on. If you choose "wipe data/factory reset" this will delete everything on your device. Once the phone turns on, check and ensure the software is updated via the settings. I also have the Galaxy 3 and wipe cache will delete your temporary browser list. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Kinquana_VZw
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kath1221,

I am so sorry to hear about the device issues while trying to apply the update. Lets make sure you do not lose any information. To make sure all your information remains choose "reboot system now", this will just restart the phone. Once the device has restarted make sure the update is still not outstanding Settings>About Phone> Software Update. Let us know if this helps.

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes