Group MMS messages are downloading in batches every 10-20 minutes
derlugian

I frequently have a problem where MMS messages sent to my phone on a group chat will get stuck. They'll be waiting to download for 10-20 minutes and then a bunch of messages will come through all at once, often out of order. I similarly cannot send messages to the group chat while incoming messages are waiting to download. My outgoing messages will only send when the incoming ones download. Weirdly, I can still send and receive messages to other contacts instantaneously, just not those in the group chat.

I have a Samsung Galaxy 6 running Android 7.0 and am using Google Messages as my default messaging app. This is happening on 4G in areas with good reception.

Someone suggested this problem may be caused by one of the group chat members using an Apple device, but that does not help solve my problem. Any advice would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Group MMS messages are downloading in batches every 10-20 minutes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

There are so many factors that could be a contributor to this. We'll try our best to uncover it without resetting the Samsung Galaxy S6.
I'd like for you to run the Device Health Check as outlined below:

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206364/
Any issues in Storage, Performance, or Connectivity?

DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
JBDiGG
Enthusiast - Level 2

https://www.verizon.com/support/verizon-messages-legal/

Under section for limitations... I think section 4.

Says verizon can throttle messages at their discretion. Only happens to me when my group mms is is active and the system thinks it might be spam or something. Kinda ridiculous. Only happens when my group is going back and forth a lot. Other than that I never have any issues.

0 Likes
Kuulpinas

This has been an issue for years and they're never going to fix it. I've sent several bug reports over several phones over several updates... They either don't care or can't fix it 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are happy to review this with you in depth. To allow us to do so, please leave us a Private Note here. We are available for you around the clock, and we are always happy to assist in any way that we can!

*Robert

0 Likes