Green Plus Symbol in Message Notification Area
jek
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am getting advertising pushed to my Bionic from something and I don't know how it started and I want to get rid of it. I saw another thread that looked similar and they advised to review the downloaded apps in the marketplace and it must be from one of those. I can't find any that would do it. Is there any other way of tracking this down and stopping it?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Green Plus Symbol in Message Notification Area
Not applicable

jek,

Hello! Sounds like an application recently downloaded to the phone is pushing advertisements to your phone. An easy fix is to download an application called "Air Push Detector" from the Market/Play store. When you run that application it will show you the source of the ads so you can remove it. I've had to use it myself, and it's quick and painless to remove the corrupt app!

Have a great day!

AdamE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

View solution in original post

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Did you install an applications recently? It sounds like an air push advertisement. Those are usually tied to an application.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bigtitan
Contributor - Level 2

Sounds like its definitely airpush ads.  Either remove the recent applications that you installed or search the market for the airpush detector app.  I haven't used it myself but have been told it works ok.

0 Likes
Not applicable

jek,

Hello! Sounds like an application recently downloaded to the phone is pushing advertisements to your phone. An easy fix is to download an application called "Air Push Detector" from the Market/Play store. When you run that application it will show you the source of the ads so you can remove it. I've had to use it myself, and it's quick and painless to remove the corrupt app!

Have a great day!

AdamE_VZW

Not applicable

Thank you everyone for your suggestions!

One thing I want to add is to check one setting in your Market/Google Play Store. Please open your Market/Play Store, press the Menu button, Settings, uncheck Google AdMob Ads.

I hope all of these steps help!

MarquiaF_VZW

0 Likes
jek
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi and thanks to everyone that helped here. I downloaded the Air Push Detector and it did find an app. which wasn't even showing in my app. list. I have removed that one and hope that does it. I have also unchecked Google AdMob Ads. These are really annoying! I read somewhere that Google is looking at replacing ringback tones with advertisements a caller hears while waiting for you to answer the phone! If you have purchased ringback tones then those would play and not the advertisements. We just can't get away from it it seems.

Thanks,

Jon

0 Likes