Grandfathered Users Price Hike.
Wynnded
0 Likes
Re: Grandfathered Users Price Hike.
Snn5
Legend

While it is completely legal to make this change at any time when a user is not under contract, usually Verizon sends out a message via mail or otherwise letting customers know before-hand.  It usually isn't a change made mid-cycle/month.  If this news is true, it was about time something changed.

UPDATE: 2015/10/08 8:08AM PDT

According to a source who has contacted us, these changes will begin hitting customers starting on November 15th. Your first billing cycle on or after that date will reflect the $20 price increase. Verizon will also be sending out notices to affected customers starting next week.

0 Likes
BoulderGeek
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you can keep your data use to under 4GB, Google Project Fi will probably save you $50-60 a month. 

$720 a year is a lot of motivation to leave a greedy service provider.

0 Likes
jbeenemd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just saw this on the news. I have been with Verizon for almost 10 years. Signed up for their unlimited plan with my first smart phone. Have stayed with them even though the rest of my family left our family plan and went with other carriers. I was stubborn and stayed because of unlimited data.  Currently use a little over 1.5 GB per month. Did use more this last month on vacation. If this increase is put in place then with be changing to another provider. Already pay more than my wife or any of my 4 children.

Tidbits
Legend

Already set in stone November. It'll happen.

rcschnoor
Legend

BoulderGeek wrote:

If you can keep your data use to under 4GB, Google Project Fi will probably save you $50-60 a month.

AND you can live with the coverage of the Sprint/T-Mobile networks.Smiley Happy

Snn5
Legend

So, you pay higher prices for unlimited data, but you use less than 2GB?