Google Voice not working. Is the blame with enabling Advanced Calling?
jgcox1214
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have any Verizon users had more than the usual amount of trouble setting up Google Voice for voicemail? I previously used Google Voice as my voicemail on my Galaxy Note 4, which required the standard workaround to get it working with Verizon (calling the three codes to setup call forwarding). I recently moved to an LG G3, however, and can't get Google Voice to work as my voicemail now. I have tried calling the three forwarding codes (*71+[Google Voice #], *90+[Google Voice #], *92+[Google Voice #]) but to no avail. I have also tried to get it working via setting up conditional call forwarding online in My Verizon.

After trying and retrying these methods, I will call my phone from another one, only to ignore the incoming call and have the phone I'm calling from either continue to ring or go silent (the latter seems to happen more often). If I do not end the call from the other phone, my phone will sometimes ring again, at which time I ignore the call again the line remains silent.

When I first setup my G3, an update enabling Verizon's Advanced Calling was available and didn't hesitate to follow through with the update. Therefore, it's hard pinpoint the exact problem.

Has anyone else with Verizon had this much difficulty in getting Google Voice to work? Please, help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Google Voice not working. Is the blame with enabling Advanced Calling?
DerpedyDerp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue.  Google Voice does not work with VoLTE on some people's accounts.  Google says it's not them.  Verizon says it's not them.  There is no fix to this.  The only option you have is either dump Google Voice or dump VoLTE.  I did the later, but you have to do it on the phone and through the webpage and then set up Google Voice again.  From what I can gather from others, call forwarding through VoLTE is not working like it should on all accounts and causing Google Voice not to work.  Verizon is less than helpful on this issue. 

View solution in original post

Tidbits
Legend

I believe it will be different. GSM codes need to be used over CDMA in some markets.

0 Likes
Helpme0110

Can u help me set up my personal hotspot on my iPhone 5s

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Helpme0110, you bet! If you alreayd have the feature on your account you can take a look here to see how http://vz.to/1wPOedk. Otherwise, if you need to add the feature you can do so directly from your online My Verizon account. Log in here to get started http://bit.ly/xB4iTc.

AdamG_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
DerpedyDerp
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue.  Google Voice does not work with VoLTE on some people's accounts.  Google says it's not them.  Verizon says it's not them.  There is no fix to this.  The only option you have is either dump Google Voice or dump VoLTE.  I did the later, but you have to do it on the phone and through the webpage and then set up Google Voice again.  From what I can gather from others, call forwarding through VoLTE is not working like it should on all accounts and causing Google Voice not to work.  Verizon is less than helpful on this issue. 

jgcox1214
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yep, I went ahead and tried cutting Advanced Calling 1.0 from my features on my account a few days ago and reenabled Google Voice, which is working perfectly now. If I am forced to choose between the two services, I find Google Voice to be much more essential to my perfect setup.

It's too bad, though!

0 Likes
Mebobio1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I found out today that when someone called my Verizon number it would just keep ringing. Google voicemail would not answer it. I went on the Verizon website on computer and deactivated the advanced calling features, then deactivated from my phone (Note 4 lollipop 5.01). Then I unforwared my Google voice number, then forwarded it again and now the calls to my Verizon number went to google voice. Can someone from Verizon come up with a reason and a solution for this?

0 Likes
TheNatural
Contributor - Level 1

Google Voice is not something Verizon is going to fix or be liable for when issues like this arise since it's a 3rd party app and feature. If it causes this much interference it's inferior to even keep on your phone, plus Google isn't even updating or patching the app anymore. That tells you something......

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The GV app is no longer being update, though still works.  Hangouts Dialer app is now GV in a new form which is integrated into Hangouts.  I use it, and find it useful since it will merge GV messages into Hangouts for viewing and listening.

0 Likes
TheNatural
Contributor - Level 1

Haha, yes! I almost forgot that Hangouts could do that.....