Re: Google Play Nexus 6 on Verizon Network C-Block Rules Violation
JosephxSxN
Enthusiast - Level 3

Because my device is not 'activated' on thier network I am unable to make any changes to my plan, I am also unable to open an account without using a Verizon device which is without a doubt a violation of cblock rules. So fine dont give me a discount thats ok, why is my device unable to be activated on thier network as a stand alone device and why am I unable to make a SINGLE plan change (like data, international roaming) ?  Because they will not activate my device on their network.

Why should I have to buy a Verizon Nexus 6 ? There are rules in C-Block that say it should be the same thing as a Google Play one.

So fine no discount is ok. why won't they even create a new account with a Google Play Nexus 6 ?

I am still waiting for a link to the Clear and Reasonable published procedure from Verizon on how to add a device to their network. Along with al my rights to have my device added to thier network AND if its not added a written response in a timely manor with how to fix it. ALL REQUIRED BY C-BLOCK.  So if they can't show me the rules, its a violation on its own.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It's not the FCC said they are not. That's what matters. You can complain all you want, but the ones that wrote the rules say they are not violating the rules. Any interpretation of the rule other than theirs doesn't matter.

0 Likes
JosephxSxN
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thats fine, I still want to see the published procedure that Verizon is required to put out as per C-Block. So even if none of the rest of it is valid they still must have this published as a clear and reasonable procedure. Thats pretty clearly outlined in C-Block. If this is not published that in its own write is obviously a violation.

Under (d) (1) 47 CFR 27.16 - Network access requirements for Block C in the 746-757 and 776-787 MHz bands. | LII /...

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Clear and reasonable procedure is having a activated Sim, and put it in your phone. Can't be more clear than that.

Like I said earlier as long as the services work that doesn't need additional code outside of factory then that's all they need. Like activating the SIM. Since it needs additional files not found on the GP/Moto versions then Verizon is free and clear.

As long as it can make calls, text, and use data is all that matters to the FCC. Anything else was pretty clear the FCC doesn't care in that regard.

0 Likes
JosephxSxN
Enthusiast - Level 3

Great so you can give me a link to where that is stated? It has to have been published somewhere else other then in your post I would hope.

Otherwise everyone saying this is just making up stuff. It should be simple then for you to provide me some documentation that states this right?

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Best of luck wasting your time. This has been beaten with a horse since the release of the Nexus 6.  It's been 6 months going on 7 months.

It's common knowledge for Sim cards. There's plenty of documention on how to put a Sim card into a phone.

Maybe you'll get a better result than the thousands before you have gotten.

0 Likes
JosephxSxN
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks Tidbits, and its nothing against you I hope you know that. You have been most helpful overall.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

I believe what you believe should happen, but our interpretation doesn't matter to the FCC. As long as we get voice/text/data on the phones of our choice that supports that spectrum then they care less on anything else. I believe the FCC needs to rewrite the rules to be more clear. I believe when they sell the 600 spectrum the rules which should be the same as 700 will be more clear(feeling I got with a lot of the back and forth people have gotten).

0 Likes
chefdroid

So for the FCC Regulations :

(b) Use of devices and applications.

Licensees offering service on spectrum subject to this section shall not deny, limit, or restrict the ability of their customers to use the devices and applications of their choice...

When we take a look at VoLTE and getting this service added to the phone it uses the C-Block spectrum.  By not properly activating the device ( which N6 supports VoLTE ) Verizon is preventing you from using this.  The instructions someone was asking for to get the device added to the DMD is here : https://opennetwork.verizonwireless.com/content/open-development/get-certified.html#developer-tools

Per the requirements the device manufacturer is responsible for sending the IMEI which is Motorola.  I've opened a ticket with them on this and they refuse to assist.  Additionally the My Verizon Mobile application is compatible with the device but is blocked because it is not a branded device.  This again is blocking an application over the C Block network.  There is a very legitimate violation occurring.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Give it up please. Go knock yourself out and file your complaint with the FCC maybe in a few years they'll take your case up. How many upgrade will you done by then?

0 Likes