Google Play Nexus 6 on Verizon Network C-Block Rules Violation
JosephxSxN
Enthusiast - Level 3

Verizon,

I have tired for some time to figure out how to activate my Google Play bought Nexus 6 on your network in accordance to C-Block rules. As No rep is able to point me to clearly defined and published procedures and rights I can only assume your in violation of "47 CFR 27.16 - NETWORK ACCESS REQUIREMENTS FOR BLOCK C IN THE 746-757 AND 776-787 MHZ BANDS."

I request that my Nexus 6 be properly activated on your Network, and that I be provided with a Link to the "clear and reasonable procedures" that the FCC requires of you to publish for how to activate a device on your network along with all of my rights to request attachment to your network.

47 CFR States that if your operating in 746-757 and 776-787 MHz bands that

1) Licensees offering service on spectrum subject to this section shall not deny, limit, or restrict the ability of their customers to use the devices and applications of their choice on the licensee's C Block network

&

2)

(1) Licensees shall establish and publish clear and reasonable procedures for parties to seek approval to use devices or applications on the licensees' networks. A licensee must also provide to potential customers notice of the customers' rights to request the attachment of a device or application to the licensee's network, and notice of the licensee's process for customers to make such requests, including the relevant network criteria.

(2) If a licensee determines that a request for access would violate its technical standards or regulatory requirements, the licensee shall expeditiously provide a written response to the requester specifying the basis for denying access and providing an opportunity for the requester to modify its request to satisfy the licensee's concerns.

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: Google Play Nexus 6 on Verizon Network C-Block Rules Violation
Tidbits
Legend

Sadly it doesn't work like you expect it should.

1. Can you make a call? Yes

2. Can you send text messages?  Yes

3. Can you use data? Yes

That is the extent they need to cover. They just need to make sure an active Sim will work in the device. They don't need to have the device being able to activate said device.

0 Likes
JosephxSxN
Enthusiast - Level 3

I disagree... I am being discriminated against and charged and extra $25 a month by bringing my own device.

So as they are also not able to activate my device without faking a sim card - IE I cannot make a new account with my GP N6, and they are charging me over. This is clearly a violation.

Discrimination of this nature is prohibited by the 700 MHz Order open platforms provisions (22 FCC Rcd, Pages 15358–15374), specifically Paragraph 222:

In that regard, we emphasize that C Block licensees may not impose any additional discriminatory charges (one-time or recurring) or conditions on customers who seek to use devices or applications outside of those provided by the licensee.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Talk to the FCC about it.  People have already been down that route on Reddit and all came down to the conclusion the FCC said it didn't apply.  You are not hampered in anyway to use devices and they are not charging you more to use said before.  You are not being charged for using the device.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

let me see if I can find it.  Was like a month ago.

0 Likes
JosephxSxN
Enthusiast - Level 3

I think I found the one on Reddit your talking about... Basicly they are saying that by not discounting it they are not technically violating the law. Lovely.. But I filed my FCC complaint as well. Because the truth of this matter is they wont activate your device on its own, they require you to activate an account using a 'Verizon' device.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Somewhat that was exactly what the FCC said in some email.  I will use Verizon as the I don't pay my bill.  Eventually Verizon will add those devices as developer device designation, but probably not for another month or two.

0 Likes
JosephxSxN
Enthusiast - Level 3

None the less I still want a clear, reasonable link to the published requirements for getting my device on thier network. Along with all my rights for adding it to thier network as per C-Block. And a written response from Verizon tome specifying the basis for denying access and providing an opportunity for the requester to modify its request to satisfy the licensee's concerns. Again per-CBlock.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Have an activated sim.  That's it.  Doesn't matter how it was activated.  the N6 does not have the files to activate the sim so it has to be by another means.  Eventually it will change when Verizon retires the CDMA system, but until then it will be done this way.

What state do you live in?  Personally I wouldn't touch Sprint, but that's for billing issues that took me almost a year to fix.  Took arbitration and and a lawyer to fix.  Gave them a second chance due to my workplace using them, and 23 of us got burned one day.  We all lost our numbers and forced to pay ETFs for those lines.  Took a lawyer and ETF's were waived.  Since then I won't touch them.

AT&T works good in a lot of areas, but some areas are geeze where the data go?  Overall they are good in my local area, but too expensive.

T-Mobile is my personal line and use them in my most place traveled off the job.  for $80 unlimited everything works out great. 

Verizon is my work line.  I don't pay it so I don't care how much it costs.  Hands down for my work and where I travel for work no other carrier can hold a candle at the moment.

0 Likes
Not applicable

you are being charged regular price. just because Verizon chooses not to give you a discount doesn't mean they are violating low C block rules. Your device functions just fine. Not giving you a discount does not equate to charging you an extra fee. Why didn't you just get a Verizon Nexus 6?

0 Likes