Re: Google Nexus 5 - complain directly to Verizon
mr_wirez
Enthusiast - Level 2

No... The GSM Gnex were all updated on time. It was the CDMA ones that were always behind... VZW and Sprint, although sprint was not as bad.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

That's BS... Not all were updated... There was even software you could download to tell you which Galaxy Nexus you had. You had to root to convert to another version. Some of those weren't even updated even today. But of course that is long forgotten.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Which Samsung Galaxy Nexus models besides the Verizon Wireless model hasn't been officially updated to Android 4.3 OS version?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Tidbits
Legend

Some versions were controlled by Samsung and still today some are still never been updated without unlocking the boot loader.

0 Likes
jtown
Contributor - Level 3

Put up or shut up.  Which carriers have yet to update the Galaxy Nexus.  Not "some".  Name them.  Name one.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Google is your friend. There are different versions of the GSM. Not all of them are controlled by Google. I suggest Looking back in XDA during the time the Galaxy Nexus was released. Plenty of documentation there.

0 Likes
michele13
Enthusiast - Level 1

I believe in the squeaky wheel, but this isn't going to happen anytime soon. In order for Nexus to have a "pure" android ui- you have to rule out Verizon, who wants to control the phone and make it a very VZ experience with a sprinkling of android. This is certainly their right, but seems way too shortsighted. While I truly liked my Moto Droid Razr, it's time to move on to Nexus. We have finally decided to take the plunge by dropping Verizon and going to AT&T. All we want is pure android, no bloatware, no contracts and timely os updates with a good 4G LTE network (we are based in NYC - this is not a problem). In today's wireless world, this should be a no brainer customer option. We shouldn't have to contact the CEO of Verizon Wireless (really??).

Tidbits
Legend

Money talks... Been saying that for as long as I started here. Want a company to change hurt their pocketbook. People rely too much on a luxury...

LeavinVZ
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree, Tidbits!  I've been a loyal customer of this company since 1996 (they were called PrimeCo in my area back then).  I've got 2 out of 7 lines that are out of contract.  Next month I'm dropping VZ on those lines and going with AT&T or a prepaid provider - whatever makes the most sense.  Over the next year, 3 more lines will go out of contract, and we'll see how much VZ needs to lose before they cry "Uncle" and realize they are nothing more than a wireless internet provider.

The internet provider I use for my home service doesn't tell me that I can only buy hardware (router, computer, game consoles, etc.) from them.  Why do we put up with that from VZ? 

But the real impact we can have is word of mouth.  Over the years, I can't tell you how many people I convinced that VZ had better service.  From now on, my narrative is that VZ is the only company that wants to restrict you to only phones they sell - so go with any other provider you can find.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

LeavinVZ wrote:

I agree, Tidbits!  I've been a loyal customer of this company since 1996 (they were called PrimeCo in my area back then).  I've got 2 out of 7 lines that are out of contract.  Next month I'm dropping VZ on those lines and going with AT&T or a prepaid provider - whatever makes the most sense.  Over the next year, 3 more lines will go out of contract, and we'll see how much VZ needs to lose before they cry "Uncle" and realize they are nothing more than a wireless internet provider.

The internet provider I use for my home service doesn't tell me that I can only buy hardware (router, computer, game consoles, etc.) from them.  Why do we put up with that from VZ? 

But the real impact we can have is word of mouth.  Over the years, I can't tell you how many people I convinced that VZ had better service.  From now on, my narrative is that VZ is the only company that wants to restrict you to only phones they sell - so go with any other provider you can find.

Word of Mouth doesn't do much when you contradict yourself sporting a Verizon phone using Verizon services.  Most people won't take your seriously.  People will start to listen more if they see less Verizon users out and about and they say how "terrible" they are.

0 Likes