Google Maps opens Verizon Navigator app when told to navigate? Razr M.
WendyL

Hey guys,

So I lost my old Razr and got the Razr M last Friday.  I love it!  The only problem I'm having is that when I go into Google Maps(or just "Maps" now) and put in an address or search for something, when I tell it to Navigate it instead opens Verizon Navigator and starts trying to get my permission to charge me for using it(Verizon Nav).  But...I don't want to use Verizon Nagivator, I want to just use Maps!  I've tried everything, it always opens Nagivator!  Is there a way to fix this, I just want plan old FREE Google Maps to open and navigate, I have no interest at all in VZ Navigator!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Google Maps opens Verizon Navigator app when told to navigate? Razr M.
fergieg
Contributor - Level 2

Try this:

(I don't have a razr m, so the steps could be different)

Go to settings->apps, find vz navigator, tap on it. once the screen is showing the app details (like app size, data size etc), find the section "Launch by default", and see if vz navigator is set as the default app for navigation. If yes, clear the default. now when you launch a navigation event, you should get a prompt asking to select the app to use.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
fergieg
Contributor - Level 2

Try this:

(I don't have a razr m, so the steps could be different)

Go to settings->apps, find vz navigator, tap on it. once the screen is showing the app details (like app size, data size etc), find the section "Launch by default", and see if vz navigator is set as the default app for navigation. If yes, clear the default. now when you launch a navigation event, you should get a prompt asking to select the app to use.

0 Likes
WendyL

Thanks!  I don't know how that go set as default, I've never used it!  Thanks a lot!

0 Likes