Going back to where I left off in a document
unitedjoe

I am an old Pocket PC user so please bare with me.  I have some stories and books that I have as Word doc files.  With my old Pocket PC I could turn the unit off any where in the document and turn it back on, open Pocket Word and be right back to where I was when I shut down.  Using Quick Office I can go back to where I left off if I just let it go into sleep mode.  If I turn the unit off, for instance over night and go back to Quick Office you end up starting back at the beggining of the document and have to find your place again if you can.

Is there a way to save or tag where you finished reading so that you can return to it? 

Would the Kindle app or something like allow me to do that? 

Any help will be appreciated.

Joe

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Going back to where I left off in a document
firstlady09
Contributor - Level 3

You can save the document in Quick Office by clicking on the return arrow on the device. The following options will appear:

1. Discard

2. Save 

3. Save As

4. Cancel

0 Likes
unitedjoe

I realize how to save a document, but I have an existing one that I am reading.  I am half way through it, but will not be able to finish it on my bus ride.  I go back to it the next day and I have to resize the zoom and then use the find command or just scroll to where I was before.  It does not save where I was in the document itself.  How can I get back to where I was automatically?

Thanks,

Joe

0 Likes
3devious
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yeah, it's pretty wierd.  I experience this with my Motorola Droid.  I would even be reading an email message, switch to another app and when I switched back to the message, it started me at the top of the message.  That is incredibly frustrating, but when I got this Droid 2, when I switch between documents, I return to the place I was last reading.

I have not done many experiments with the phone as I just got it, but I will check to see if these things persist from serious breaks between sessions.  I am pretty certain they would not between reboots.

I've not used the Kindle app but that probably only would apply to ebooks...  That's a very good question.  I'll keep experimenting.

0 Likes