Getting new phone any input on which one actually works?
mispk2

I have a Motorola Droid (one of first ones) and overall am happy with it except for one annoying problem that Verizon has never been able to solve.  It is not reliable, people will email me that they have been calling all day and my phone never rang and there are no missed calls...  I am thinking about upgrading but would like a phone that actually receives calls this time.  Anyone have any idea which Droid will do that.. if not I think I might just go back to a basic phone for phone calls or even resort to a land line...  Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Getting new phone any input on which one actually works?
Wildman
Legend

If you haven't identified the nature of you original devices problems it could be hard to suggest something that is guaranteed to work because the issue could be something else than the device.

1. How is reception in your area?

2. Are you using a Network Extender?

3. Has this always been a issue?

4. What does caller get when they call, does it go to VM?

From what you have posted, you may want to start with these questions first..

0 Likes
mispk2

This has been an issue since day one.. it does not happen all the time just an entire day for no reason.. I have spent numerous time on phone with Verizon.. and even replaced the phone..  As for the caller the phone rings and goes to VM normal.. if they leave a VM message I will eventually get it.. if they do not the call is in the cloud somewhere...

Never know when it is going to decide to not work for the day.. and never know it's not working until someone tells me... As much as I love my droid... my husband has simple flip phone .. and he has no problems... I definitely am not going to spend hundreds of dollars for a smartphone again that is not reliable... So is it Motorola? should I switch manufacturers? or is it Verizon? should I switch carriers?

0 Likes
Wildman
Legend

Your situation is a rather unique situation and it may be hard to isolate the nature of the issue...  I have a Motorola Droid X and haven't had the issue you are having and my HTC Thunderbolt has been working without issues so I cant say if its phone or network related.

If you can be satisfied with a feature device over a smart phone then you can go with whichever one works best for you...  Out of curiosity I noticed you did not respond about your devices reception...    Different device receives different signal quality, maybe the Droid simply has a weak radio receiver...  How is your reception level on your device?

0 Likes