Get rid of "Get Backup Assistant" nuisance popup on Message+ (PC).
GMSLEE
Enthusiast - Level 3

I use Message+ on my PC. It is great to be able to respond to texts with a real keyboard.  My only complaint is the annoying popup that instantly tells me to set up Backup Assistant.

I do not use Backup Assistant.  My contacts are stored in Exchange-linked accounts.  I do not have contacts saved to my phone, because then I would need an additional service like Backup Assistant, when presently I just sync my email and my contacts live there.  I would disable on-phone contacts if I knew I could.  I went onto the website as linked and cannot set up Backup Assistant; this is a work phone and I am not the account manager.  But I still get this annoying popup in the otherwise-handy Messages+.  Maybe someone at Verizon could look into adding a "do not ask again" option to this popup?

Labels (1)
Re: Get rid of "Get Backup Assistant" nuisance popup on Message+ (PC).
GMSLEE
Enthusiast - Level 3

Additionally, I tried to use the "send feedback" option in Messages+ to send a link to this post, and I get a popup in Outlook 2013 saying "The command line argument is not valid.  Verify the switch you are using."  So direct feedback apparently doesn't work either.

00Stephen
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wanted to chime in because I am having this issue as well. I do not want to use Backup Assistant. And the Get Backup Assistant notification keeps popping up on my PC. I am running Windows 8.

GMSLEE
Enthusiast - Level 3

Quick bump to see if anyone from Verizon can offer something here?  If not I may just ditch the Message+ thing altogether.  A popup seems like such a minor thing, until it pops up while writing emails, during presentations, during technical support desktop sharing...

0 Likes