Gallery not working
SpecE30Racer

The "Gallery" app on the home screen is not working.  I'm pretty-sure it was on the phone when I got it and I like using it.  When I tap the icon I get "Application not installed on your phone"  I didn't uninstall it and I can't find it in the Market.  Any advice?  TIA

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Gallery not working
tonloc3
Enthusiast - Level 3

I am having the same issue on my phone.  I am wondering if the update removed it or one of the other picture viewers I downloaded.  The Icon is still there.   Anyone else have an update?

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

SpecE30Racer wrote:

The "Gallery" app on the home screen is not working.  I'm pretty-sure it was on the phone when I got it and I like using it.  When I tap the icon I get "Application not installed on your phone"  I didn't uninstall it and I can't find it in the Market.  Any advice?  TIA

Have you tried to access the gallery from the Apps drawer directly instead of the home screen icon?  If you are using the default home screen, pull up the apps drawer from the bottom and scroll through until you find the Gallery app and select it.  If it works from there, delete the homes screen icon.  Press and hold the icon, when you get the haptic feedback,drag it to the trash at the bottom of the screen.  The go back to your apps drawer and this time long press on the Gallery icon.  You will get the haptic feedback again and it will take you to your home screen where you can place the new shortcut to the app.

If it doesn't work, then you may need to reboot, reset or replace. j/k  I'm not sure what else to try, but someone on here will help you figure it out.

0 Likes
tonloc3
Enthusiast - Level 3

PPC_dude-   This worked for me.  Deleted the one on the home screen and move the one up.   Odd how it quit working.     I would give you a solution but I didnt start the thread. I will give kudos though.  Hopefully this works for the person that started the thread as well and he can click the solution box.

0 Likes
tonloc3
Enthusiast - Level 3

OK, now I feel **bleep**.   How do I give Kudos??

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

tonloc3 wrote:

OK, now I feel **bleep**.   How do I give Kudos??

LOL, glad I could help. Kudos are not necessary, but for future reference you just click the little kudos icon for the post.

0 Likes
SpecE30Racer

PPC Dude:

Perfect answer!  Thanks.

0 Likes