Galaxy watch not receiving text messages when in standalone
D737

My LTE Galaxy watch, in standalone mode, is no longer receiving text messages. Also, when I send a text from the watch it does not show up as if it were from my cell numbe...it shows up as if from the watch “hidden/shared” number. This problem began a few days ago and Verizon rep was not familiar with this issue.

0 Likes
Re: Galaxy watch not receiving text messages when in standalone
mama23dogs
Legend
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We know how important it is to get your alerts on your watch, and we want to assist you the best possible way. When did this problem start? Has there been any recent change or updates on your watch or device? PamD_VZW

0 Likes
supercalifrigilastic
Enthusiast - Level 2

hope this helps someone. if you get sim error on your watch after resetting mobile networks in wearable app because you have standalone notifs problems, you have to get verizon to delete your watch phone nuumber and add it with a new phone number. this fixes the sim error and connects you back to 4g.  then your watch will work fine for a few minutes, and all of the sudden you are back to not getting notifications, text, calls, etc. on your watch. something is wrong with numbershare and no one knows what.  

i factory reset my watch and my phone over 20 times in a week trying to get sim error and connectivity issues resolved, many many conversations and chats with verizon and samsung.  verizon tech support has no idea what they are talking about, except for this one guy named Henry-he is the one that figured out to delete the old watch number and add it as a new number to get rid of sim error. 

Samsung also doesnt know anything helpful, all "tech support" seems to be the same unless you get that "one guy/gal" that is intelligent.  they wanted me to ship my watch to them without having any idea Why the problem was, when i knew it was some sort of network issue. 

its not your watch.  its a problem no one has figured out with numbershare.  sometimes my watch will say remote connection and then it goes to standalone mode. no one i talked to knows the difference.  you would think standalone means standalone.  everything seemed to work great when it says remote connection, but it goes to standalone mode after a few minutes and you may get a few text, calls, notifs, but then you will be back to square one. 

a lot of mental trauma over a stupid watch, a luxury item, its insane.  only reason i have one is because it was a gift.  i had a gut feeling that deleting and re-adding the watch with a new number would fix the sim problem, Henry at verizon listened to me and made it happen and yes that was the problem.  as for this standalone garbage and numbershare not working properly, i dont trust it will ever be fixed and we will never get an explanation.  

you can also "turn off" verizon networks in wearable app, your watch will reset, then reconnect everything to your phone/wearable app, "turn on" verizon networks and your watch will reset again, once its rebooted it will work great for a few minutes.   i feel like everyone should be refunded or not charged a monthly fee for numbershare when it doesnt work.  good luck, stay calm lol

supercalifrigilastic
Enthusiast - Level 2

...a little more information after a few more days, if this helps anyone.  still not getting text messages on watch. i am getting phone calls, however.   something has changed with the "remote connection" feature with the wearable app.  i know my watch used to say remote connected and not standalone, and everything worked properly with numbershare, meaning i could text and call from my watch and my main number would show up for people.  verizon says if i want to get text messages on my watch, i must be bluetooth to my phone. 

0 Likes
supercalifrigilastic
Enthusiast - Level 2

umm, ok... and now a few minutes later, after watch being bluetooth to phone for 15 minutes, remote connection finally kicked on my watch after disconnecting bluetooth.  i knew i was not crazy.  finally, after 3 months i am finally remote connected, the way it is supposed to work, the way numbershare is supposed to be.  i wonder if that is the trick is when you first bluetooth your watch to your phone in the wearable app that it has to be synced for a while or something then you can disconnect bluetooth and remote connection will work????   i really hope my drama will help someone.  this has been driving me nuts.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to have a peace of mind, supercalifrigilastic. Based on your last description, it seems that the remote connection of your watch is working. In the instance that it is not, please keep us update.

AkaneM_VZW

0 Likes
supercalifrigilastic
Enthusiast - Level 2

and the point of your timely reply is what, just to troll?  take a hike.

0 Likes
supercalifrigilastic
Enthusiast - Level 2

so after a few days, it seems like the fix is to keep your LTE watch and phone bluetooth'd for a few mintues, then on your watch, turn off bluetooth first.  then wait a few seconds and it will say connected remotely.   why was there not an instruction manual for this kind of stuff?  do most people just figure this stuff out on their own..., why do verizons/samsungs own tech support not know this type of information...

Reesh20
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for trying to help those of us scouring the forums trying to solve our similar issues! 

I just got this watch and got it set up. When I shut the phone bluetooth off it goes into standalone mode with Verizon. When I call my number both the watch and the phone ring at the same time, so at least the phone number portion of numbershare is working. However, texts only go to my phone, not to the watch. Texts sent and received from the watch only show up as the watches assigned number.  I was hoping at the very least the wearable app could push texts forward to the watch, but doesn't seem to be the case. A very knowledgeable verizon rep I spoke to said that they've had extensive discussions with Samsung and it looks like sms sharing between lte watch and phone will not work with the galaxy watch. Seriously considering returning this and getting on old gear s3 lte which is supposed to definitely have this function. What was Samsung thinking?!