Galaxy s6 software update G920VVRU2AOF1, phone not functioning
Ruby_Patty

I received a notification on my s6 this morning to download update G920VVRU2AOF1. I proceeded with the update and my phone became nearly nonfunctional. It's been restarting every few minutes (I mean literally maybe 30 times) and it has no cellular or data connection (only Wi-Fi works). When I try to turn on cellular or data, it tells me to insert my SIM card....which of course I never removed. Phone was fully functional prior to update this morning. Anyone else having problems like this?? Any suggestions?? Don't want to have to factory reset over this.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy s6 software update G920VVRU2AOF1, phone not functioning
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Ruby_Patty, let's get things back to the way that it use to be on your device. Do you have 3rd party applications downloaded to your device? Have you powered your device off and briefly removed the sim card yet? Briefly removing the sim card will soft reset that device on our network which can improve the performance of it.

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ruby_Patty

Removing the SIM card to initiate a soft reset did not fix the problem.

I do have applications downloaded from the App store but none recently downloaded and none that have caused any issues before.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for doing the SIM removal. I can only put myself in your shoes to imagine how upsetting it would be to have a phone constantly reboot.

Was the phone powered off when you did the SIM removal, Ruby_Patty? Please go through the apps to ensure they are all updated as well.

Samsung recommmends utilizing the repar assistant tool by following these steps http://vz.to/1iarxob.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes