Galaxy s6 Verizon on st
bigeazy4523

Why do I not get updates on my gs6? I'm on straight talk it is on Verizon towers. I switched from using att on straight talk because Verizon gets better signal in certain areas where I live. When I had galaxy s3 and s5 both att on straight talk every time att sent out a update I would receive the update even if it was att doing a small update themselves or if it was jellybean update to kitkat. I've been thinking about going back to att if Verizon can't do the same as att.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Galaxy s6 Verizon on st
tim456
Enthusiast - Level 2

Curious.  I assume you've tried updating over WiFi as well.  Guess if you know there's a newer update for your S6, then use Samsung's Software Upgrade Assistant

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Klue
Master - Level 1

For what it worth I chatted with a ST rep and they say the operating systems of their phones do not get system updates.

0 Likes
bigeazy4523

I knew that but I bought the phone outright from verizon then set it up on st . When I had bought the s3 and s5 outright from att had em on St those both would receive updates

0 Likes
tim456
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you have the Verizon ST SIM Card?

0 Likes
bigeazy4523

Yeah

0 Likes
tim456
Enthusiast - Level 2

Curious.  I assume you've tried updating over WiFi as well.  Guess if you know there's a newer update for your S6, then use Samsung's Software Upgrade Assistant

0 Likes
bigeazy4523

Ok I'll try that but as of right now it was a small verizon update

0 Likes
bigeazy4523

Yeah I have Internet at home

0 Likes