Galaxy s4 cell radio turns off ofter Lollipop upgrade
phopte
Enthusiast - Level 2

My S4 upgraded to Lollipop a few weeks ago.  Since that time, the cell service stinks! The signal strength dropped and if the phone doesn't see a strong enough signal reasonably soon, the cell radio turns off and won't turn back on regardless of signal strength. The phone must be restarted to turn the radio back on.  As an on call telecommuter, not having a reliable cell phone is a major issue.  I've replaced the SIM card and done the factory reset both to no avail and with much pain!  Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Galaxy s4 cell radio turns off ofter Lollipop upgrade
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your phone working the way it should be phopte. Let's get to the bottom of your equipment concerns. When did you update the software on your phone? Do you have a lot of third party apps installed? Are you in a certain location when you notice the cell radio turn off?

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
phopte
Enthusiast - Level 2

The phone did the Lollipop upgrade a couple of weeks ago.  I only have a 3-4 third party apps installed. Cell service turns off when I am at my house for sure depending on where I am in the house.  I didn't used to have that problem.  It also turns off anytime I get below one bar.  Cell reception is much worse after the upgrade.  Once it turns off, it will not turn back on without a restart.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That is certainly an inconvenience, phopte. I appreciate you completing a factory reset. I would recommend using the software repair tool to help correct bugs from the software update. You can find the instructions for the repair tool here: http://spr.ly/6585B63rV

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
phopte
Enthusiast - Level 2

I used the SR tool and I am worse off than before.  It said it was backing up the phone, then it repaired the phone.  It was supposed to restore the phone.  It didn't and now I can't get the phone to accept the corporate email security credentials to set my email back up.  Not amused.

phopte
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was able to get to phone to connect to the corporate email server.  The original problem of the server going to sleep is still there.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn the issues continue, phopte. Do you have insurance or an active warranty? Since the issues continue the next step would be a warranty replacement if you are eligible. Please contact our Technical Support by calling 800-922-0204.

AndreaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes